PDA

View Full Version : Wood and Pewter

Geoff Hanha
04-25-2008, 12:39 PM
A 3 leg box with pewter 10cm x 8cm approx, cocabola legs spaltered sweet chestnut lid with banski nut insert with a spaltered brown
oak body and pewter handle, (lid pull bent finial knob) whatever you want to call it
Black flock sprayed inside of box and mahogany insert in base bottom. Geoff

Pete Jordan
04-25-2008, 1:31 PM
Good job Geoff!

I thought you were talking about wood and the com-pewter.

David Newson
04-25-2008, 7:04 PM
Geoff - That's a nice bit of work, have you tried melting jewellery grade pewter yet for any of your work.

I recently saw Simon Hope professional woodturner at our club demonstrating melting pewter and incorporating into his hollow forms and they was quite stunning.

He is demonstrating at a woodshow to-morrow in Stile and Bates yard in Sutton, Dover. I know its a long way from you, but I hope to go , I'll see if I can get some pictures of his work and post them up.

Bernie Weishapl
04-25-2008, 8:11 PM
That is a beauty Geoff. Well done.

Geoff Hanha
04-26-2008, 6:17 AM
Geoff - That's a nice bit of work, have you tried melting jewellery grade pewter yet for any of your work.

I recently saw Simon Hope professional woodturner at our club demonstrating melting pewter and incorporating into his hollow forms and they was quite stunning.

He is demonstrating at a woodshow to-morrow in Stile and Bates yard in Sutton, Dover. I know its a long way from you, but I hope to go , I'll see if I can get some pictures of his work and post them up.

David yes i have done, did a few lace bobbins for the wife some time back a few pens and some odd rings on boxes, i have not long ago got a good amount of pewter to be able to do some more castings i have a few ideas floating around my head.
Have a good day at the show i have friends here for the weekend so unable to get anywhere. and yes put some pics up always interested in seeing learning, i might know a little but always room for more:D, and thanks for the comments guys..Geoff

Ben Gastfriend
04-26-2008, 7:37 AM
Now, that sure is a cool looking box. Great job.