PDA

View Full Version : Atten: Central Ill Turners

Ron Hardy
04-25-2008, 12:14 PM
Just some information for those turners in Central Ill or the surrounding area. A contractor I know who has done concrete work for me also has a tree trimming buisness. I checked his lot today and talked to him. He has a wild cherry tree cut up and he had a 16ft long walnut tree in the lot. This walnut was I would say at least 26" or more in diameter. He was going to sell in to another woodworker for about $200. His father cut the tree up into sections before he could tell him not too.
I have already talked to him about getting some wood and he has no problem with that. He does get different wood on the lot at times depending on what he has cut down. I've know the man for several years and he has always been honest with me.
I'm just letting you guys know about this supply of wood if anyone is interested. I get nothing out of it nor am I employed by this person.
If someone want more inforamtion you can PM me but if you do please put something in the heading / subject line about Central Ill Turners so I know where the message is coming from and I don't delete it if I don't recognize the name/

Scott Hubl
04-25-2008, 10:48 PM
About how far away from the Chicago area is this? Opps just noticed the Logan County, looks to be about 160 miles away one way.

Mark Ebert
04-26-2008, 7:10 PM
Scott, Don't you have enough Walnut to keep you going for awhile?:D;)

I'm still kicking myself for not finding the time to get up over to West Chicago a few months ago for some of that Walnut stash. If we get some more storms around here like what came around last night, there should be plenty of fallen trees to choose from though...:eek:

Scott Hubl
04-26-2008, 8:41 PM
That would be like sayin I have too many:
Lathes
Robert Sorby Chisels
Chucks
Chain Saws
Australian Burls
Tool Rests
Pieces of ANY kind of Wood
Turning Books
Turning DVD's
Ect. Ect.
It just is Impossible.;)

I can't believe you did'nt go overthere and get some after I left a Dozen or so cut up pieces for you since you did not have your own chainsaw.:eek:

Mark Ebert
04-27-2008, 6:45 PM
I can't believe you did'nt go overthere and get some after I left a Dozen or so cut up pieces for you since you did not have your own chainsaw.:eek:
I wanted to get over there so badly, but I was too busy with work related crap at that time to make the drive over there. I had planned to run out there the next weekend, but my company ended up shipping me up to Montreal the following weekend for a week:(. I do appreciate you cutting that wood for me, I just wish I could have made good and picked it up.