PDA

View Full Version : One of those feel stupid moments

Amy Leigh Baker
04-24-2008, 11:39 AM
Well, I was backing out of the carport and forgot there was a carport there. I swung the wheel hard to the right to essentially back-in next to the carport and swiped the front right of my car. The right fender is busted, the bumper came off, and I shattered the headlamp on that side.

I've never had to have body-work done before, and I now understand all the complaints I've heard about it being a hassle. $250 deductible, and they can start on it tomorrow and have it done Tuesday. Not so bad I guess in the long run, especially considering to total bill is $2200.

This is one of the dumber mistakes I've made in my life. I was working on edge-facing for a cabinet when my Mom asked me to move the car. Needless to say, I didn't finish the cabinet :(

Amy

Dave Hale
04-24-2008, 12:32 PM
Nobody got hurt. That's the best time to have a 'moment'. :o
Not stupid, just distracted.

I had a bad one 30 years ago. Ran a light, honestly I never saw the light, at 35 mph, hit a traveling salesman (think land-yachts colliding) doing the same.
Seeing the blood on his face changed my driving attitude for life.

Like I said, just a 'moment'. Nobody harmed, no foul.
Yeah, I'm a glass-half-full kind of guy.

Wish I had a picture when the 5/4" x 6" piece of maple I was ripping when it pinched tight behind the riving knife. So tight I couldn't push the maple through the blade. Took the biggest screwdriver I had to reopen the 'pinch' and try to lift the board off the TS. Imagine my face (and the sound) when the screwdriver slipped and the maple latched onto my index finger. :eek:
Now that was stupid!

Bob Rufener
04-24-2008, 12:43 PM
I think most of us would have to admit we had a few BF's in our day. I backed out of our garage and backed into the turn around which is more or less hidden by a big Blue Spruce tree. Forgot mother in laws car was parked there. Luckily, I just had to get a rear tail light. $30 at the bone yard. There were other times which shall remain unmentioned......

Dave Verstraete
04-24-2008, 2:46 PM
I had a cartop carrier from U Haul on top of my van when I decided to pull into a carport. I was mad at myself but then broke into a laugh. I had bought the insurance for it and all I had to do was drop it off.