PDA

View Full Version : Like to introduce myself...

Jim Izat
03-08-2003, 7:10 PM
<b><font size=3 color=green>I'm Jim Izat.

I teach school in southeast houston, and I'm addicted to woodworking. Have been for probably a dozen years. That's the time that I remember graduating from making project solely from 2x4's and such to using hardwoods and collecting the tools to make that happen. I was on the pond for many years and I credit my colleagues there with teaching me a great deal about this skill and art. I posted an avatar of norm because I was pretty much too lazy to dig up a photo of myself and abuse you all with my ugly mug. For those of you all like me who have eyes that don't do so well with the small stuff any more I've included a photo of myself that's a bit bigger.

I have to say that when I heard that the pond was closing it hit me pretty hard. But here at the mill it seems like life has gone on without missing a beat (albeit with many fantastic technical upgrades!). Thank you all so much for all your great advice, and for putting up with my attempts at same, and my alleged attempts at humor....

Jim Izat

Dave Hammelef
03-08-2003, 7:23 PM
Jim, welcome nice looking boxes, and welcome. Maybe you can be a cronie to

Carl Eyman
03-08-2003, 8:30 PM
Look at those planes!

Howard Barlow
03-08-2003, 9:01 PM
Hi Jim,
Welcome to the Creek. Is this your first post? HAHAHAHA!:D

Von Bickley
03-09-2003, 12:00 AM
Jim can't be a cronie. Ken wouldn't know which picture to use.

Dennis Peacock
03-09-2003, 12:16 AM
Hey Jim....

Welcome to the Creek. I am here at Terry Hatfield's place working on one of his <I>other</I> computers. Pull up a stump and have a nice time here on the creek. Post when you can or dare and absorb as much as you can.

Great bunch of folks here on the Creek...

Ted Shrader
03-09-2003, 3:49 PM
Hi Jim -

I know the only reason you submitted a bio was because the counter had ticked off and you couldn't post anymore. :D

Nice to see you. Have enjoyed your posts.

Ted

John Miliunas
03-09-2003, 4:27 PM
92 posts and only a few weeks later, you've already got your bio up! Heck, it only took me about nine months to do the same back at the "old place"! Nice to have you around.

George@Colonel's Workshop
03-09-2003, 5:02 PM
Good Afternoon Jim,

That looks like the same shirt worn by Dave Marks of WoodWorks. It looks better on you, however. Why not ask him to buy his own? :<)

Phil Phelps
03-10-2003, 12:06 PM
You clean up amazingly well. ;)

Lee Schierer
03-10-2003, 12:31 PM
We welcome you to the creek, wade on in.

Jim Izat
03-10-2003, 1:55 PM
<font size=3 color = green> Thanks for all the kind words! I really have enjoyed being here, and even tried out the chat room last night. Haven't ever chatted before so it was a kick. (gotta learn to type faster....)

<b><center>Jim Izat</font></center></b>