PDA

View Full Version : Benchdog push stick

Bryan Cowing
04-24-2008, 5:06 AM
I really like this push stick! :D The offset handle is great! I picked it up a few months ago during a tour of the new Lowe's store in Brantford, Ontario. Approx $25 CDN. Probably cheaper in the US stores!!:eek: I applied some magnetic fridge magnet strips to the bottom of the holder to keep it sitting upright on the fence.

Luis Oliveira
04-24-2008, 7:52 AM
Hey Brain, I also like that push stick specially when I am doing very thin strips, if I am doing 1.5 to 6" I actually like a different push stick, it has a better grip that anything I have seen in the market, specially if you are talking about long board, here is the push stick I am talking about:
http://eagleamerica.com/power-hands-push-stick/p/420-4200/

Mike SoRelle
04-24-2008, 8:30 AM
I too picked one of those up at Lowes a few months ago, they were on sale for ~18$ as I recall, I like it a lot for smaller pieces and cutting thin strips but find the offset grip annoying on larger pieces.

Definately a good one to have in the arsenal.

Mike

Jim Becker
04-24-2008, 9:39 AM
That is similar to the shop-made push blocks I use for ripping with the fence. The fact that the material is securely captured under it is very much a plus, both for control and for safety.

Dave Hale
04-24-2008, 12:49 PM
I've got it too and really like it. It fits in my Incra fence without the base so it's very accessible. Only problem I've had is the Board Buddies get in the way, so it's one or the other, never both.

Harley Reasons
04-24-2008, 4:01 PM
Just purchased one myself this past weekend at the Big Blue Box. I like the idea of putting the magnetic tape under it to keep the base in place. I'll pick some of that up on my next trip out. Thanks for the idea.