View Full Version : new lathe up and running

Ron Oastler
04-23-2008, 6:31 PM
Well I got my new lathe the other day :) and now have it assembled and wired and up and running. It was easier getting it into the basement and assembled than I thought it would be. Used a heavy duty dolly cart to get in down the stairs and then used a car motor work table that has hydraulics to lower the ways onto the legs and then attach everything, also to strong friends to help with the lifting etc. I added a bottom shelf and I have a couple of large (for me anyway) 20" bowl blanks waiting to be cored. It certainly seems to be very solid and runs very smoothly. I haven't as yet put a piece of wood on it to turn but that will happen very soon. Its like christmas in April. My wife will be really surprised when she gets back from visitng relatives in Holland. :D

Ken Fitzgerald
04-23-2008, 6:35 PM
That'll teach her to leave the country and you with the check book!

Congrats Ron! Welcome to Club Mustard! May it serve you well.

Bernie Weishapl
04-23-2008, 7:30 PM
Oh oh, she is out of the country and left you in charge of the checkbook!!!!!:eek::eek::eek:;):rolleyes:

Congrats on the new lathe.

Kurt Bird
04-23-2008, 7:35 PM
I can't think of a better welcome home gift! Hi Honey, look what I bought you while you were gone! Yes, I love you too, dear!:D

Russ Peters
04-23-2008, 7:37 PM
Turn something nice before she gets home then give it to her. if she asks how you made something that big just tell her that you found this lovely piece of wood and in order to turn it you just had to get the bigger lathe

Steve Schlumpf
04-23-2008, 7:48 PM
Congrats on your new lathe Ron! Looks like you have everything up and running - so I expect to see some pictures real soon! That is a good looking lathe - enjoy!!!

Ken Fitzgerald
04-23-2008, 10:15 PM
I can't think of a better welcome home gift! Hi Honey, look what I bought you while you were gone! Yes, I love you too, dear!:D

And then duck while running for the door!:rolleyes:

Jon Lanier
04-23-2008, 10:29 PM
I think you just ought make a little slimline pen and say, "Look what I can do now with my new lathe, isn't it pretty! And honey, it's all yours." :cool:

Fred Conte
04-24-2008, 6:49 AM
Congrats Ron on your new Mustard! You have a nice setup and lots of blanks ready to be turned!:D