PDA

View Full Version : Marketing - wholesale customer suggestion

Joe Pelonio
04-23-2008, 12:16 PM
I have mentioned before that I do laser work for several others sign shops. This time I went a different direction. Since moving the shop to my home I am at a local mail/shipping/copy place almost daily dropping off UPS shipments. It's just 2 minutes away.

This morning I caught the owner there and decided to hit him up to see if he was interested in selling signs and engraving. Turns out he often has people ask but he has had no source for them. He actually showed me a name badge inquiry that an employee had taken. After I prepare some samples for display there next week we'll be working out procedures and prices for them to start selling my signs,vinyl lettering, and laser products.

I'll give them wholesale prices, but it's worth it since they have a lot of traffic, they will deal with the customers, and their people can do the artwork since they do large format paper printing in-house with Adobe Illustrator, Basically it will be e-mail orders that I will deliver to them, unless I have to install.

Phyllis Meyer
04-23-2008, 1:17 PM
Hi Joe,

Great job! There is opportunity at every corner! No matter where I go I always end up talking "engraving". Not being afraid to ask, or inquire is the key...what will they say "no", then we go on to the next one!

I really appreciate your knowledge and input on this forum, thank you!

Sincerely,
Phyllis:)

Sean Bullock
04-23-2008, 3:00 PM
We are currently in 12 UPS Stores in the Tucson area. While signs and plates do well for us there rubber stamps have been the money maker for these stores. You might try Cartridge World, too.

Why not go to all the print shops in your area as well? Alpha Graghics, a national franchise, has a number of stores in my area. These places are a gold mine.

Even if they currently use someone else, they may be willing to consider you if the price is right.

In my experience these shops would rather place all their orders (rubber stamps, signs, plates and tags) from a single source. It is less of a hassle for them

Mike Null
04-23-2008, 7:59 PM
Sean

Point well taken.

I have several national accounts where i receive the order by email, ship to the division an dbill HQ. No money or inventory for HQ and a fair price for the divisions. I sell at a substantial discount but it's several thousand pieces a year.

Steve McKee
06-02-2008, 10:52 PM
Joe, just wondering if anything ever came of this? Were you able to set up a display and, if so, how has it worked for you?

Steve

Zeev Goldin
06-03-2008, 1:37 AM
Joe great idea would You mind take A picture of one of Your "Engraving Wholesale Corners" and show How It should look like? Also what would be a good list of products to include in a "Corner" like that? Obviously it will be different person to person but what would be Your suggestions? And good sellers.

Zeev Goldin

Joe Pelonio
06-03-2008, 7:54 AM
I did set up a display, too bad I didn't get a picture before taking it down, but I'll get one some time when I'm there.

So far I have had several orders, all for name badges, for some reason. Hopefully things pick up there soon, around here almost everyone leaves town the week of Memorial Day.