PDA

View Full Version : Fine Woodworking Magazine

Jim VanBramer
03-31-2004, 6:18 PM
Any deals out there on Fine Woodworking subscriptions that you guys might know about??? :D

John Piwaron
03-31-2004, 11:24 PM
Any deals out there on Fine Woodworking subscriptions that you guys might know about??? :D

This is one magazine that doesn't do the discount subscription game. I've subscribed since around issue 65, and picked up some of the earlier ones. In all that time, I have never ever seen discount subscription offers for FWW or it's sister publications. They're also not sold through any of the places that offer other magazines. FWW has some of the most useful information that any woodworking magazine could publish. Issue after issue is always filled with some of the best articles being written, and contain only ads relevant to the task at hand. To be honest, I've gotten issues that I didn't think were all that good, only to return to it months or years later since it has just the info for a current project. Collectively speaking, they are as valuable as a major power tool. They're the best and I simply think they don't need to offer cut rate subscriptions. Not that I wouldn't like them to.....

I realize this sounds like I'm a shill for Taunton, but I'm not. I'm just a very happy subscriber. If they offered a lifetime subscription I'd probably take it. Sorry for babbling. This is a magazine I eagerly look forward to.

Jim VanBramer
03-31-2004, 11:59 PM
On that note, I have another question. Since my original post I have found discounted subscriptions for this magazine on eBay, through what appear to be reputable sellers. Does anybody out there have any information or experience with these?

Bart Leetch
04-01-2004, 12:39 AM
On that note, I have another question. Since my original post I have found discounted subscriptions for this magazine on eBay, through what appear to be reputable sellers. Does anybody out there have any information or experience with these?

Be cautious.............

John Piwaron
04-01-2004, 9:17 AM

Contact Taunton to see if these resellers are authorized, or just a rip off. I vaguely recall some problem about this a while back. That should put this question to rest.

Seriously, I don't think Taunton does the discount subscription game, but this is a modern world, perhaps they've decided to do it.

Robert Thompson
04-01-2004, 9:26 PM

I just received an offer from Platinum Publishing Service offering 2-year suscription to FW for $79.95. Four months ago I receiver the same offer only the price was $59.95 for 2-years! I contacted Tauntom Press after the first offer and was told that they did not have any business relationship with Platunum. Since I sent them money the frist time, I have written them today to see if they will make good. The jury is out.

Bob

Steve Rayboy
04-02-2004, 8:21 AM
A couple of years ago, a friend of mine was dating a woman that works for Taunton Press. During december, employees are able to purchase any of their books at half price, (for Xmas presents) and subscriptions to their magazines for 75% off. I only got 10 books, and renewed my FWW subscription for 3 years.

Unfortunately, they broke up shortly afterwards...but I still keep bothering him to get back together with her.

So, if you want a discount...you have date or marry one. ;)