PDA

View Full Version : Another %$#@ brag (sigh)

Wolf Kiessling
03-31-2004, 4:41 PM
I think I mentioned some time ago, don't remember why, that I made a donation of some items to a local museum, the Chisholm Trail Heritage Center, in Duncan. The only provision I asked for was that the items be put on display and not stashed in some dark, dusty corner and forgotten. They agreed and here is the result. I think they did a very nice job with the display.

Dick Parr
03-31-2004, 5:00 PM
Outstanding Work there Wolf!

Mac McAtee
03-31-2004, 7:07 PM
Great carving, but who is that ugly dude that horned in on the photo?

Jeff Skory
03-31-2004, 9:25 PM
Very cool Wolf! Nothing like giving people the opportunity to see you stuff in person. Pictures are one thing but seeing a carving up close is much more special.

Joe Suelter
03-31-2004, 10:50 PM
Cool, congratulations Wolf. Great looking display, very tasteful.

Ken Garlock
03-31-2004, 11:00 PM
Excellent Wolf :) They have assembled a fine display which is in itself a tribute to your work.

Wolf Kiessling
03-31-2004, 11:22 PM
Great carving, but who is that ugly dude that horned in on the photo?

I don't know, Mac, that is kind of an ornery looking dude. SWMBO says he looks like a real sour puss, too.

Daniel Rabinovitz
04-01-2004, 4:22 PM
Wolf
What an absolutely wonderful museum display.
Daniel :cool:

Tyler Howell
04-02-2004, 10:33 AM
Wolf. My cowboy buddy is right where he belongs. In a place of honor for everyone to see.
http://www.sawmillcreek.org/images/smilies/wink.gif

George Bledsoe
04-02-2004, 12:46 PM
Those are some nice carvings, my BIL is a pretty good wood carver he also enjoys the Western figures. He has even taught a class or two that I have attended, I am not anywhere his league.

Wolf Kiessling
04-02-2004, 2:17 PM
Wolf. My cowboy buddy is right where he belongs. In a place of honor for everyone to see.
http://www.sawmillcreek.org/images/smilies/wink.gif

Tyler, Tyler, Tyler, that ain't your cowboy buddy in the museum. That is a portrait carving of Jesse Chisholm. Your pal, "Saturday Night - Shined, Showered and Shaved" is sitting in my home gallery.

However, to give you hope, I spoke to the museum curator a couple of days ago when I complimented him on the nice display job they did. I told him that later on in the year, or maybe early part of next year, I may give him the other three cowboy busts in that series, of which the Jesse Chisholm bust as well as your pal are a part, and have the entire series of four back together on display.

I am planning on doing one more cowboy bust but it will be entirely different from that series and then I will probably stop doing them. I just purchased the wood for it a couple of weeks ago.