PDA

View Full Version : need to locate sm beveled mirror plexi or mirror

sal shepherd
04-22-2008, 8:36 PM
Hi Al,

I'm designing a soccer Plaque. The cust. wants classy. I thought of name plates made of beveled mirror plexiglass. Also I was thinking on using clear plexi. for the plaque itself. How does the plexi work in layers, glued together. This is my real first art design, see if you can picture this.

1 socker net on back layer and possible part of field for depth
2 net frame and part of field
3 soccer ball with school mascot
4 name of derby
This is as far as I got
Any SMC comments welcomed
thanks in advance
sal shepherd LOST IN LACOMBE , Louisiana

Dee Gallo
04-23-2008, 5:38 AM
I wandered into a Dollar Tree store, while waiting for my snow tires to be changed... and I saw small (like 4 & 6") mirror pieces cut into shapes like circles, squares, octagons, rectangles, etc. They were candle "plates" to reflect the light and protect from drips. I thought at the time, boy you could laser these, since the backing is very thin, but didn't really have a need to do it. Worth a look?

sal shepherd
04-26-2008, 2:35 PM
Dee, I ck. out all the dollar an what not stores. I plan to make them myself. Routing them than cut out with laser, then the fun part polish them.

Rags Alan Ragland
04-26-2008, 10:17 PM
Dee
I use the type of mirrors you are describing all the time. I laser the back side and then color the glass from the back works quite nice.
Good luck with your project.
Rags

Richard Petty
05-11-2008, 10:51 AM
http://www.tripar.com/

Neal Schlee
05-12-2008, 11:46 AM
National Art Craft stock lots of beveled mirrors.
http://www.nationalartcraft.com/subcategory.asp?gid=12&cid=292&scid=357

sal shepherd
05-13-2008, 7:24 PM
Thank to all. great resorces

Sal Shepherd

Dee Gallo
05-13-2008, 8:03 PM
Dee
I use the type of mirrors you are describing all the time. I laser the back side and then color the glass from the back works quite nice.
Good luck with your project.
Rags

Hi Rags - I went back and got a few mirrors to play with - now what settings do you recommend? I'll be using an Epilog Mini 35w.

Thanks, dee

Rags Alan Ragland
05-13-2008, 9:01 PM
Hi Dee
I have an Epilog Legend 36 EXT 75W and I use: Sp90, P82 for the back of the mirror then I color the engraved areas with Paint from Laserbits. Occasionally I will then put the mirror on a blackened MDF board that I have vectored to match the mirror. Just two sided tape to hold in place. I used them for Christmas Cards.
Good luck
Rags