PDA

View Full Version : Sharing - Newborn Tile

James & Zelma Litzmann
04-22-2008, 6:46 PM
It still needs some work but I thought I might share what I have started. If anyone wants to improve and share that would be great also. It's a little busy and not our normal one but I wanted to see how it goes over here in the shop and decided to share it with you all.

Hope some of you can use this. I almost left my grandbaby's picture here for you too . . .

This one is the one we usually use . . .

Steve McKee
04-22-2008, 7:31 PM
Thanks for sharing. I think I might have to make a couple of those.

Steve

Peter Meacham
04-22-2008, 7:34 PM
James & Zelma

The only thing I would add is to indicate the exact time (the clock shown does not indicate AM or PM.

Otherwise, great idea and thanks for sharing.

Pete

Belinda Barfield
04-22-2008, 7:35 PM
Those are just precious! The two of you always come up with the most wonderful things.

Pete Simmons
04-22-2008, 8:24 PM
We just gained our first Grandson a few weeks ago. Your tile ideas are great.

I am looking into making somekinda time capsule of that day to be opened on some birthday 12, 16,18,21...???

Any ideas?

What do you think the odds of this baby getting any personalized items over the next few years are?

Like Croc Dundee said "Better than average!"

Pete Simmons
04-22-2008, 8:26 PM
The first tile with the calendar - is there an easy way in Corel to generate the correct monthly calendar without moving all the numbers around manually?

Anthony Scira
04-22-2008, 8:45 PM
Under the Tools menu go to Macros. Select run macros and use the drop down list for the calendar generator.

Pretty cool stuff !

Dee Gallo
04-23-2008, 6:57 AM
I moved your elements around a little, to optimize space and balance the darks and lights. This is a great idea for new babies!

cheers, dee

James & Zelma Litzmann
04-23-2008, 8:59 AM
I had this design completed with the am/pm and my husband walks in and says "it'd look good if you could use the moon and the sun somehow". Well, I got the moon but can't quite get the sun. So if any of you have a suggestion . . .

Dee, I really like the star idea, thanks!

Paul Brinkmeyer
06-25-2008, 8:20 PM
Just a follow up. I live in a retirement area, and the tiles have been popular.
Then I took the baby info and put it on a mirror frame from JDS in the same format, other than the calendar, and wow did they get a good reception.
Just goes to show that you never know where an idea would go.
We got the frames for wedding aniversaries, but what the heck, we sell most frames for babies and awards.

Thanks James & Zelma and all the others that added to this.

Bob Cole
06-25-2008, 10:04 PM
Thank you for sharing.

Where do you get your tiles?

Paul Brinkmeyer
06-26-2008, 9:54 AM
I got mine from lasertile. I like them because I can just run them with any gray scale file, no fancy preperation.

James & Zelma Litzmann
06-26-2008, 1:01 PM
Paul, it is GREAT to finally do something that somebody was able to use or grow from, you are more than welcome.

We get ours from LaserTile also.

Here another idea we use ours for.

Roger McDowell
06-27-2008, 9:41 PM
I have Corel 12. I can open the 2nd file but can't open the 1st or last file. Are they in a new version?

James & Zelma Litzmann
07-03-2008, 3:58 PM
Hope this works, saved it in Corel 11.

Wesley Perreira
11-07-2008, 2:27 PM
How do you adjust the day to the black fill and white text? I tried the Tools, Macros, drop down calendar generator but could not find how it was done. I really like this and think there is a market for this where I am.:)

Dave Johnson29
11-07-2008, 2:46 PM
How do you adjust the day to the black fill and white text?

Hi Wesley,

Drop a square over the day you want, color fill black and send back one layer behind the number. Or bring the number to the front.

James & Zelma Litzmann
11-12-2008, 11:00 PM
You can select the calander and ungroup, click on the date (number of the day) change the font to white, then click on the square around it and fill with black.

Sorry I didn't answer sooner, but I absolutley forgot to check my email . . . that's a first.

Just let us know if there is anything else we can help with.

Zeev Goldin
11-13-2008, 4:12 PM
To James& Telma.
I tried to open the second tile idea You posted it seems that I have a problem my Corel would not open it I have the 12 version any idea why it would not open?

James & Zelma Litzmann
11-13-2008, 9:12 PM
O.K. but it's Zelma with a Z. ;)

I'll try back saving in 9 to see if that works.

Let us know, good luck.

David Dustin
11-15-2008, 7:43 AM
James and Zelma with a Z, :D
Thank you for a wonderful idea!

1. What is a good price to charge for this product?
2. Do you mind if we post the idea in our web store (there is not a good way to give you credit)?

If you want to PM with the price that is fine.

Best regards,
David

James & Zelma Litzmann
11-15-2008, 8:44 AM
Hey David,

We gave that to everyone that wanted it, hoping that you guys would do with it what you want. I have taken so much for the Sawmill, just wanted to give something back. If there is anything I can help with just let me know. I do think it was very nice of you to ask, even if you didn't have to.

Dave Johnson29
11-15-2008, 11:13 AM
If there is anything I can help with just let me know. I do think it was very nice of you to ask, even if you didn't have to.

Thanks James and Zelma, this is really the best newsgroup I have ever used. I have been using newsgroups since well before there was an internet and this is by far has the nicest bunch of people.

No bickering, name calling, just plain honest good folk helping each other. This is THE quintessential model for a newsgroup. I have been spoiled for life. :):)

Paul Brinkmeyer
11-17-2008, 1:19 PM
We donate tags to the local humane society, because everyone who adopts a pet comes in for a free tag, we ended up making another version of the "Birth" tile. You never know where an idea will go.

James & Zelma Litzmann
11-17-2008, 5:28 PM
How sweet!

Lisa Walter
11-18-2008, 2:26 PM
Oh my gosh what a great idea!

Lisa Walter
11-18-2008, 2:27 PM
What a CUTE and unique idea!! Great job!! Thank you for sharing it with us.

Lisa