PDA

View Full Version : Chat Rooms here at SMC

Donnie Raines
03-31-2004, 1:54 PM
It appears that the chat room here is never used. I breeze through a number of time per day and never see any action there. Are there particular times of the week where conversation takes place in the chat room? Thanks.

Donnie R

Carl Eyman
03-31-2004, 6:49 PM
Before thje ffp there used to be people there once in a while. One of the more frequent visitors was Ken S. Not hard to figure why he's not there now.

Carl Eyman
03-31-2004, 6:50 PM
Before thje ffp there used to be people there once in a while. One of the more frequent visitors was Ken S. Not hard to figure why he's not there now.

Aaron Koehl
04-01-2004, 9:36 AM
Donnie,

Looking at the connection logs, we actually have a large portion of our membership that connects to the chat room--just never at the same time.

I think we should schedule some more general chats for our members. If anyone has any suggestions on live chat topics, please post them here.

_Aaron_

Donnie Raines
04-01-2004, 11:00 AM
I have hit that site a number of times...and no one is ever there. I would go for a day set aside(say Wednesday night(or any night for that matter)) where we have topic to discuss and just let it fly. We are all adults here, so it should pretty much self govern it's self...though I suspect many of the monitors will take part any how. Rather then do this every week, maybe go twice a month.....just a thought.

Donnie Raines

Keith Outten
04-01-2004, 12:24 PM
When you enter the Chat Room you must join the SawMill Chat Channel to chat, possibly some people do not undersatnd that you must join the channel before you will see any names on the chat listing.

Terre Hooks
04-07-2004, 9:24 PM
It appears that the chat room here is never used. I breeze through a number of time per day and never see any action there. Are there particular times of the week where conversation takes place in the chat room? Thanks.

Donnie R

It would help if you could EASILY use the thing using Internet Explorer.

Aaron Koehl
04-08-2004, 9:18 AM
Terre,

We agree. There is, unfortunately, a trade off when it comes to Java-based programs and Microsoft's Java Runtime--a lot of inconsistencies.

The one we're using now works in more various browsers, and without locking up the text window during a long chat session. The trade off, of course, is that you have to type /join #SawmillCreek when you first enter, or click on the Channels button.

_Aaron_

Mark Singer
04-08-2004, 9:47 AM
I type too slow