PDA

View Full Version : Another use for the laser....

Gary and Jessica Houghton
04-22-2008, 3:46 PM
We recently did this Glock Model 22 for a customer. We have been wanting to try this for a while...

We used the same settings as for anodized aluminum. We think it turned out great. The customer was pleased. He has brought us an aluminum frame revolver for a run with Cermark! Will post pics of that when it's done.

Thanks to everyone at the Creek for all of the information! This business would be SOoo much more difficult without ya'll!

Gary & Jessica Houghton
Etched!

Joe Pelonio
04-22-2008, 3:51 PM
That is some beautiful work!

In light of the recent thread on doing electronics, what arrangements, if any, did you make concerning the possibility of a ruined finish if it hadn't worked?

Scott Shepherd
04-22-2008, 3:59 PM
In light of the recent thread on doing electronics, what arrangements, if any, did you make concerning the possibility of a ruined finish if it hadn't worked?

No special arrangement needed Joe, you already have his gun :D What's he going to say "Hey, that's some crappy work you did" :)

Only kidding- I agree with Joe, very cool stuff and very nicely done.

04-22-2008, 4:09 PM
That is some beautiful work!

This particular customer is a friend, and he recently re-blued the slide. His attitude was that he could always re-blue again over whatever mess me might have made. However, it worked great and all was well.

Anthony Scira
04-22-2008, 4:57 PM
Looks awesome, I do them for local law enforcement doing last name and id/badge numbers.

Since its personal information I don't have any pictures I can share.

I don't know if a cop can carry such a decorated firearm.

Brent Endsley
10-01-2008, 11:32 PM
Just wondered what settings all of you are using on Glock pistols. I have a friend that is a local sheriff's deputy and would like his engraved.
Thanks in advance,
Brent Endsley

Stanley Waldrup
10-05-2010, 10:54 AM
[QUOTE=Gary and Jessica Houghton;835996]We recently did this Glock Model 22 for a customer. We have been wanting to try this for a while...
QUOTE]

What settings did you use on this...Like to give a try on mine..
Stanley

10-05-2010, 5:08 PM
Same settings for anodized material as well as powder coated stuff.