PDA

View Full Version : LandScape Lighting

Tim Malyszko
04-22-2008, 2:43 PM
I plan on installing some landscape lighting in the next month. Basically, I'm adding 8 lights - 1 on each stair - on my deck, a flood light to enhance a holly tree in the front and 5 pathway lights.

There are hundreds of places to buy the fixtures and transformers on the internet. Does anyone recommend a particular vendor?

Thanks in advance.

Scott Long
04-22-2008, 3:11 PM
My personal preference is to go to the borg and see them first hand. I need to see things in person to check the quality of the product.

Joe Pelonio
04-22-2008, 4:44 PM
The borgs will have the best prices and I have not seen any difference in quality between their low voltage lighting and others at an expensive lighting store. Open each box before you put it in your cart, I've gotten home with defective ones and it's easier to check than to return them later. I've ended up with mostly Mailbu brand, for some reason and have had only one issue, replacing bulbs after a few years.

Jim Benante
04-22-2008, 5:36 PM
Home Depot has the Malibu line. You can get them cheaper online though. I bought some deck step lights for about $10 apiece and the same light was $20 at Home Depot. Just google around and you'll beat the HD at least for the Malibu brand.

Tim Malyszko
04-23-2008, 7:19 AM
Sounds good. I'll check out HD this weekend. Thanks so much for the information.