PDA

View Full Version : Good deal on a Delta unisaw???

James K Peterson
04-22-2008, 6:52 AM
I think I need to be talked out of this :(
I would really like to upgrade my Bandsaw first but this seems like a good deal. And the guy is local (less than 25 miles). I haven't contacted him yet... and I'm trying to resist. :rolleyes:

Here's the CL description:
"Im selling a lot of equiptment from my cabinet shop that I closed.This unisaw is great, I bought it new and have added the router table and work table around it all this is included in the price. The router is a Bosch 1617 VS 2 HP it shares the same fence as the tablesaw. The motor on the saw is 3HP single phase 22o volt the saw is in excelent cond.It also includes a nice set of 8"dado blades made by freud and various other blades as well."

http://savannah.craigslist.org/tls/651199467.html

And now I see a nice bandsaw too... maybe the same seller. a Bridgewood 22"
http://savannah.craigslist.org/tls/651182021.html
but it's a bit more money than I have right now :(

Chuck Saunders
04-22-2008, 7:04 AM
James,
You do not want that Unisaw, besides being a left tilt 3-HP saw it comes with blades and a router and all those tables built on to it. Since it belongs to a cab shop the guy probably tinkered with it and has it all aligned and true. Walk away and keep saving for your SawStop, cause if you are not saving for a SS then this would be the saw...er, I guess I am not very good at this.

John Thompson
04-22-2008, 9:27 AM
If the Uni-saw is in the condition it appears with the router.. freud dado set.. blades and extentions, I don't see how you could refuse if you need a cabinet saw. I got a sweet deal on a factory re-conditioned for $999 as a re-conditioned usually goes for around $1400 +. But that was a favor from a local machinery company.

The Bridgewood is a beast, but Curt Wilke at Wilke Machinery closed out the Bridgewood Line he imported exclusively. He still has parts for them, but Bridgewood is no more. I purchased his last industrial floor morticer for 1/2 of retail when he took Bridgewood and Yorkcraft off the market.

There is no machine I probably don't have after 36 years, but if I were not in that position a TS would come first with a jointer and planer to follow. Unless you need to re-saw logs (17" re-saw) for blanks as a turner.. you will rarely need over 12" re-saw capacity.

The best "deal" here by far is the Uni-saw. If you really need the BS more.. then the word "deal" falls out of the picture, IMO.

Good luck from L'ville just up the road from Savannah...

Sarge..

Mike Goetzke
04-22-2008, 9:57 AM
That is a good deal, but....even though it comes with the router set-up and large outfeed tables make sure it meets your likings and shop space. As a hobbyist, I got a lot of enjoyment & self-satisfaction designing/building my own outfeed table and storage/router table in the saw wing.

I saw this on another forum for reference (Unisaw/base/dust collector):

http://woodworker.com/cgi-bin/FULLPRES.exe?PARTNUM=963-210

Mike