PDA

View Full Version : USL and UltraSeal Viscosity for 1.1 nn needle?

Jim Kaczmark
04-22-2008, 1:07 AM
Hello all,
I'm trying to verify the needed viscosity for both (Target Coatings) Ultimate Spray Lacquer (USL) and their UltraSeal. I have an Accuspray Series 10 Gun with HVLC Turbine. Needle Nozzle is 0.043" (1.1mm), and gun has a #9 spray cap. I can't find what the viscosity should be for each of these finishes using the above needle size. Can anyone reply with the required ratings. I'd also like a table that would state for each needle size for my gun, what is the acceptable viscosity range of the materials you are going to run through the gun. Where could I download, obtian such a table?
Jim

Steve Schoene
04-22-2008, 6:25 AM
I'd check with Jeff Jewitt at www.HomesteadFinishing.com (http://www.HomesteadFinishing.com) He sells both USL and the Accuspray equipment.

Larry Fox
04-22-2008, 7:03 AM
Might want to also look on Target's site for thinning recomendations as they can be a bit picky with respect to thinning. I shoot USL through my pp-based Walcom conversion outfit with a 1.2 tip unthinned with no problem but have thinned it in the past to get it to atomize properly through another outfit that I had.

If you look on Homestead's site under the Walcom Guns section there is a finish type / projector set sizing chart. It is rough estimate though.