PDA

View Full Version : Got Glue

Bobby Hatfield
03-31-2004, 8:59 AM
All my suppliers of Elmers and Titebond Dark wood glue are out of stock or quit stocking it and I need a supplier. Does anyone else use this glue ? I like it because if I miss cleaning a squeeze out spot it doesn't show like the yellow does. I buy it in gallons and that has become a non-stocking item. Any help out there ?

Todd Burch
03-31-2004, 9:19 AM
Call Louis & Company in Grand Prarie, Texas - 800-444-0043. 1 gallon dark Titebond - p/n FR548-6. 5 gallon same - p/n FR548-7.

You'll have to open an account.

Bobby Hatfield
03-31-2004, 9:36 AM
Call Louis & Company in Grand Prarie, Texas - 800-444-0043. 1 gallon dark Titebond - p/n FR548-6. 5 gallon same - p/n FR548-7.

You'll have to open an account.

Thanks Todd, do you use the dark glue ?

Todd Burch
03-31-2004, 10:22 AM
No I don't but after your comment, I'm considering trying it. Tell me more...

Lee Schierer
03-31-2004, 12:32 PM
I did a google search for "titebond dark wood glue gallon" and got several hits. Here's one: Tite Bond Dark (http://www.toolking.com/titebond/view.asp?id=3872)

Chris Padilla
03-31-2004, 12:49 PM
Lee,

It says "Sold Out - Request Email Notification" :D

I wonder if you could dye yellow glue darker? Is it that simple? Use a water-base dye, maybe?

Lee Schierer
03-31-2004, 1:08 PM
Lee,

I wonder if you could dye yellow glue darker? Is it that simple? Use a water-base dye, maybe?

Okay, here's another:
:DMore glue (http://woodworker.com/cgi-bin/FULLPRES.exe?PARTNUM=117-077)

Dennis Peacock
03-31-2004, 1:12 PM
Last I looked it was in the local BB stores...Lowes and HD....

Jim Becker
03-31-2004, 1:47 PM
Last I looked it was in the local BB stores...Lowes and HD....

In gallons? I've only seen the small containers at the big-box stores. I used to buy glue at WWW, but that option is now "blowing in the wind".

Jim Baker
03-31-2004, 1:52 PM
All my suppliers of Elmers and Titebond Dark wood glue are out of stock or quit stocking it and I need a supplier. Does anyone else use this glue ? I like it because if I miss cleaning a squeeze out spot it doesn't show like the yellow does. I buy it in gallons and that has become a non-stocking item. Any help out there ?

I use it. I get it in gallons from Arthur Distributing in Arthur, IL although it has been a while since I've gotten any.

I don't have their phone number handy. You can probably find it on Jet's website as a dealer. Otherwise, let me know and I could get you the number tonight.

Chris Padilla
03-31-2004, 1:53 PM
Hmm, a Baker and a Becker now...I'm so confused...where's Tyler to explain these things to me? :D

Bobby Hatfield
03-31-2004, 1:56 PM
Lee,

Chris, I may try that, I have the dye, I'll just pepper the glue with a little dye powder. Just call me, Emril of the mix up your own recipe woodshop.

Chris Padilla
03-31-2004, 2:00 PM
Bobby,

Does the glue bottle for the dark glue have any clue as to how they darken it? I don't imagine the dye would impact anything with the glue (strength, drying, etc.) but I honestly don't know.

Let us know how this works out.