PDA

View Full Version : Importing VSD files

David Griffiths
04-21-2008, 9:11 AM
Hi All,
A customer has given me a .vsd file which I thought I could load straight into Corel 12.
Trouble is, when I hit the import button nothing happens. After hitting the import button I tried hitting the space bar (idea from corel help page) to no avail.
When I try dragging and dropping it says I can't using the selected filter or format not supported.
I can get to see the file in Windows Explorer but not in Corel.

Any ideas on how to get it into Corel 12 would be appreciated

Thanks

Joe Pelonio
04-21-2008, 9:32 AM
Hi All,
A customer has given me a .vsd file which I thought I could load straight into Corel 12.
Trouble is, when I hit the import button nothing happens. After hitting the import button I tried hitting the space bar (idea from corel help page) to no avail.
When I try dragging and dropping it says I can't using the selected filter or format not supported.
I can get to see the file in Windows Explorer but not in Corel.

Any ideas on how to get it into Corel 12 would be appreciated

Thanks
That's a Microsoft Visio file, and Corel 12 was able to import them. May be their Visio version is ahead of Corel 12.

For some reason that was left out of X-3. Visio allows for exporting to ai and eps files, so have your customer export then resend it to you. Visio is a vector program, and I have done several jobs for people at Microsoft that sent me files exported from it and they imported to Corel just fine.

David Griffiths
04-21-2008, 9:42 AM
Thanks Mike,
It's been driving me crazy trying to figure it out. Never thought about Visio being ahead of CD12. I get them send a AI or EPS.

Thanks very much for you help, I may be able to go to bed now

Regards