PDA

View Full Version : Bubble, Bubble, Toil and Trouble --

Dale Thompson
03-30-2004, 9:36 PM
SURPRISE!! I'm not the first one to pen those words. Shakespeare (MacBeth) beat me by at LEAST three years.

Anyway, we have a rather expensive side table for our couch. It was expensive because it has all these fancy hinges and swivels which allow about 2/3 of the top to be swung over the couch and used as a TV tray. Whatever, the other night, the LOML left a bit of water in a glass on the table. Our cat ( the only friend that I have) tipped the glass over (heh, heh. I'm sure glad it wasn't ME) and by the next morning the "high quality" top was severely "blistered". An iron didn't work. Is there any other solution to this or will I have to make a new top out of "solid" stuff which will only "blister" from a direct nuclear "hit"?

Hey-Relax. I've got it made; I can take bad news. I didn't either leave or spill the water. I didn't BUY the table. I can make a NEW top (with a lot of luck). What more could a guy ask?? ;) :) :)

Dale T.

Robert Ducharme
03-31-2004, 4:58 PM
What is even better is if you make the table top, tell your SWMBO that you need a new tool to do so. Then shop until you drop :D Of course, that last sentence may be leaving you very little time ;) :p :D