PDA

View Full Version : Color Rubber Stamps

Maor Grinberg
04-21-2008, 7:24 AM
Is anyone familiar with a trotec laser that makes color rubber stamps? To be precise, it's a special accessory that cuts the ink pad into seperated areas and fills the shapes with several colored inks.

Are there any comments on this machine, about it's usability and worthwhileness?

I saw one of these in a printing house, but i can't find it on trotec's site.

Thanks!

Maor

Dan Hintz
04-21-2008, 7:49 AM
http://www.trotec.net/020+Products/_en-US/_010+Speedy+II.htm
The brochure link at the end has a snippet about the inks...

I only know this because I was perusing the Speedy 300 brochure late last week.

Mike Null
04-21-2008, 7:56 AM
Here is the film. http://www.trotec.net/_Engraving+and+Cutting/_en-US/_102+Stamps-MCI.htm

I have the Speedy 300 but not with the color stamp feature.

Maor Grinberg
04-21-2008, 8:27 AM
Thanks Mike and Dan!

Anyone here ever used it or maybe even using it now on commercial scale?

Sean Bullock
04-21-2008, 5:18 PM
I don't understand why one would need to purchase this accesory from Trotec. It seems simple enough. Make your own jig and cut your own dry ink pads from Trodat. Before spending a great deal of money on an accesory from Trotec I would first experiment doing it yourself.

For those of you who are unaware, Trodat is the parent company of Trotec. Trodat USA has also recently purchased M&R Marking, the manufacturer of IDEAL stamps.

Michael Lang
04-22-2008, 3:01 AM
i'm also thinking about buying such a system. I think the increase in output will be amazing. Doing the coloring by hand is just annoying and takes time (and of course money).

I found this video on youtube
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A-wpbYkdcEs

Trodat (the parent as mentioned befor) offers this info
http://www.trodat.net/040-trodat-stamp-products/_100-multi-color-impression/_en-US/_020+MCI+GENERAL.htm

I'll call my trotec rep in the next few days for more info. i'll keep u posted on this.

cheers

Mike

Maor Grinberg
04-22-2008, 4:09 AM
Thanks Michael, I appreciate it.

After watching all the videos i got the impression that it's more time consuming than doing it by hand but I don't have the experience to say that for sure.

Sean, do you think any dry pad will suit this application? if not, will trodat sell their pads to those who wouldn't buy the system?

Sean Bullock
04-22-2008, 1:42 PM
Thanks Michael, I appreciate it.

After watching all the videos i got the impression that it's more time consuming than doing it by hand but I don't have the experience to say that for sure.

Sean, do you think any dry pad will suit this application? if not, will trodat sell their pads to those who wouldn't buy the system?

It seems to me that this machine is for high capacity orders. I could not justify purchasing it without repetitive large orders from multiple clientel. These pads look like normal dry cartridges one would purchase through Trodat. I have several and will likely experiment with it this week if I have the time.
It seems all it takes is a little knowledge of Corel Draw to quickly place the dividing lines between colors. I don't think I need to buy special software for this. And applying the ink to the pads is not that time consuming if the quantity order is small, which it will likely be.

Think carefully before investing on this. What volume of rubber stamp orders do you currently have? Orders will not appear out of thin air just because you have the capability.

Just my two cents.

Bill Cunningham
04-22-2008, 8:58 PM
I've been making rubber stamps for almost 20 years, and other than a few daters, I could count on one hand the number of requests I get for multi coloured stamps per 'decade'... This is something you would have to 'sell'. No one is going to come in and ask for it believe me.. My personal opinion is it's not worth the effort unless you have ready market, where or what ever that would be!!

Maor Grinberg
04-24-2008, 1:59 AM
Thank you all for the information and for sharing your experience!

Amie McGee
06-09-2008, 10:13 AM
If you are still interested in exploring the Multi-Color option, let me know. I can put you in touch with some current users of the system.