PDA

View Full Version : Power Tool? Earlex 5000

Craig D Peltier
04-21-2008, 12:03 AM
I think this qualifies as a power tool since you plug it in.Im not asking about finishing just the tool (this is for the mods)
Anyways the Earlex 5000 is available at woodcraft for 349 with two needles. Its also available at Harbor Freight for 279 but it doesnt mention needles at all. Needles are 49.99 at woodcraft.
Anyone here who got theres from HF can tell me if it indeed has two needles? Alos on the wood whisperer site I think in the vodeo he mentioned it came with a cleaning kit but on WC it mentions they sell it.
I asked this question on finishing forum but didnt get an answer.
I want to buy one tommorrow or tuesday.

Thanks

Carl Fox
04-21-2008, 12:43 AM
Semi-professional paint spray unit is easy to use, and makes short work of big jobs. Designed for tradespeople as well as home, workshop, and garden use.
Distributes paint evenly for a fast, professional finish with no brush marks
Powerful 590 watt turbine motor provides constant airflow
Provides onboard storage for spray gun, hose, and power cord (all included)
Easy-to-clean, noncorrosive Teflon-coated 1 quart paint pot with quick release lever
Variable output control with press and twist aircap for faster spray pattern adjustment
Sprays as fine as 1"/2.5 cm, and makes vertical, horizontal, and round jets
Ideal for spraying walls, ceilings, doors, fences, shutters, cabinetry, spindles, iron work, sheds, decking, furniture and cars Complete kit includes turbine unit, onboard storage pod, 13 foot onboard air hose and 5-1/2 foot power cord, 1 quart Teflon-coated pot with metal spray gun and stainless steel needle, viscosity cup, long carry handle, two disposable masks and spray gun cleaning kit. Cup capacity: 1 quart/32 oz; Maximum pressure: 2 PSI; Overall dimensions: 11-1/4" diameter x 25" H

Craig D Peltier
04-21-2008, 9:50 AM
Semi-professional paint spray unit is easy to use, and makes short work of big jobs. Designed for tradespeople as well as home, workshop, and garden use.

Distributes paint evenly for a fast, professional finish with no brush marks
Powerful 590 watt turbine motor provides constant airflow
Provides onboard storage for spray gun, hose, and power cord (all included)
Easy-to-clean, noncorrosive Teflon-coated 1 quart paint pot with quick release lever
Variable output control with press and twist aircap for faster spray pattern adjustment
Sprays as fine as 1"/2.5 cm, and makes vertical, horizontal, and round jets
Ideal for spraying walls, ceilings, doors, fences, shutters, cabinetry, spindles, iron work, sheds, decking, furniture and cars Complete kit includes turbine unit, onboard storage pod, 13 foot onboard air hose and 5-1/2 foot power cord, 1 quart Teflon-coated pot with metal spray gun and stainless steel needle, viscosity cup, long carry handle, two disposable masks and spray gun cleaning kit. Cup capacity: 1 quart/32 oz; Maximum pressure: 2 PSI; Overall dimensions: 11-1/4" diameter x 25" H

Thanks, I must have missed that.:o Still like someone to chime in that has bought one from them telling me if its 1 or 2 and what diamater it is.

Aaron Frank
04-21-2008, 10:28 AM
Craig,

The Wood Whisperer has reviewed the Earlex 5000, and liked it a lot. Charles Neil also uses this sprayer. Check out their websites for more info.

Personally, I've been thinking about this turbine to replace my PC PS1. It seems to really stress my little pancake compressor. Be sure to let the Creek know your experience if you go ahead with the purchase.

Aaron

Craig D Peltier
04-21-2008, 10:39 AM
Craig,

The Wood Whisperer has reviewed the Earlex 5000, and liked it a lot. Charles Neil also uses this sprayer. Check out their websites for more info.

Personally, I've been thinking about this turbine to replace my PC PS1. It seems to really stress my little pancake compressor. Be sure to let the Creek know your experience if you go ahead with the purchase.

Aaron

Thanks I have seen both videos.I am going to buy it , Im just trying to figure out a little buying info first.

Roger Fournier
04-21-2008, 10:42 AM
I just got one from HF and it comes with just the 2mm (.08") needle. Other sizes are available directly from Earlex for $39.99. The cleaning kit was also included.

I haven't tried it yet, but am looking forward to trying it out on kitchen cabinets that i have almost completed.

Craig D Peltier
04-21-2008, 10:47 AM
I just got one from HF and it comes with just the 2mm (.08") needle. Other sizes are available directly from Earlex for $39.99. The cleaning kit was also included.

I haven't tried it yet, but am looking forward to trying it out on kitchen cabinets that i have almost completed.

Thank you exactly what I was lookin for.

Craig D Peltier
04-21-2008, 10:50 AM
FYI Its on backorder for another 20 days at HF.