PDA

View Full Version : Pomona CA woodworking show?

Glenn Shotwell
04-20-2008, 11:46 PM
I went to a woodworking show at the Pomona Fairgrounds about 13yrs ago. I'm not sure if this is the same show as it was then though. It seemed pretty good to me at the time, but my focus was power tools.

Any thoughts if this will be a good show to attend from a hand tools perspective?

http://www.thewoodworkingshows.com/pomona.asp

Joel Goodman
04-21-2008, 1:06 AM
I believe that both LN and LV will have booths there. I went a few years ago and it was a chance to try out some of their products. I think LN offered a discount and I believe with LV they gave free shipping. If you go to the website of the exhibition you can usually print out a discount coupon to get in and also verify the exhibitors.

Chuck Nickerson
04-21-2008, 12:42 PM
I enjoy it a lot. Both LV and LN should be there with tools to try. For two of the days I'll be working my club's booth. but I'll probably still do some financial damage.

Brian Kent
04-21-2008, 2:51 PM
Having shown up at the Ontario Woodworking No-Show a couple of months ago, I am looking forward to the Pomona Show.

After all the turmoil of woodworking shows in the last year, I plan on just showing up and seeing if it is fun and worthwhile, without comparing to what I've seen in the past.

I look forward to trying out the LN and LV shoulder planes and router planes to see what fits my hands. Anything else is just a bonus.

I also might take a peek at drill presses to see which ones have 6" quill travel and see about beginner lathes for the future.