PDA

View Full Version : Cherry Source

Bill Fleming
04-20-2008, 11:15 PM
Ok folks - I live in S.E. Wisconsin and am having a difficult time finding good Cherry (8/4 and thinner).

Anyone have a good dependable source in Northern Illinois?

Wish I could afford a full truck load from Penn.!!!

Thx Bill

Jamie Buxton
04-20-2008, 11:38 PM
Consider Groff and Groff (http://www.groffslumber.com/) in Pennsylvania. Their price plus freight is still reasonable, and the quality is high.

Dave Novak
04-21-2008, 9:51 AM
Owl hardwood lumber company in Des Plaines is very good. They have a good selection of all hardwoods, including Cherry. Last time I was there they had a great deal of beautifully figured cherry for only $1/bf premium.

Edit, I live over 200 miles away from Des Plaines but buy almost all my hardwood there. Just can't beat the selection they carry and the quantities.

Martin Shupe
04-21-2008, 10:26 AM
Ericson Log and Lumber
Rt. 17, East
New Windsor, IL 61465
309-667-2146

Great place.

Call ahead first to check their hours.

I've have been stopping there for several years whenever I go visit a friend in Iowa.

New Windsor is a one stoplight town, about 45 min to an hour south of the Quad Cities. Might be a little west for you.

If you call ahead and tell him what you need, they can pull some bundles to the front. They have lots of cherry, walnut, oak, all the local hardwoods.

Bill Fleming
04-21-2008, 11:07 AM
Thx guys - I spend time on the road all around these locations - will check out all - thanks so much - Cheers, Bill