PDA

View Full Version : Oneway 1640 Controls Modification

Allen Neighbors
04-19-2008, 9:23 PM
I have a Oneway 1640, and have wanted a remote switch, but I wanted the RPM controls to be remote also. So I de-wired it, pulled the control cable out of the Pendant Arm tubing, and re-wired the box. Now I can move the Control Box, still attached to the white bracket, to two other places that the pendant arm wouldn't reach. Mounted one bracket on the offside, and another on the inside of the flange on the end of the outboard bed extension. No more reaching past the spinning piece to change RPM.:D
Anyone having a Oneway 1640 that wants to make this type of modification to it, I have a pdf file that tells how. It might work on a 2436, if the control box and pendant arm is the same as the 1640. Email me if you want it.
This pic shows it mounted on the Outboard end.

Claude Arragon
04-20-2008, 11:38 AM
Allen
That is a fantastic realization, but I never dared making it as, while I'm not too bad with gouges I'm a disaster with wires.
I'd love to receive your PDF file, maybe there will be a word wide blackout. Then you'll know it was me.
(Email address on the home page)

Allen Neighbors
04-20-2008, 6:16 PM
It's on the way, Claude. Let me get my Oneway un-plugged first, so it won't be damaged by a surge! :D