PDA

View Full Version : Corel X3 Proprty Bar problem

Craig Colvin
04-19-2008, 2:23 PM
The Property Bar in Corel is the bar at the top that shows you the X,Y coordinates, and height, width, angle,etc.

Somehow I have mine in a mode where the X,Y is not showing absolute position on the page but is instead showing relative position. So when I click on an object the X,Y shows 0,0 and the width/height is the actual size of the object. When I drag an object the X,Y shows the relative position from the previous position, as soon as I drop the object the X,Y changes back to 0,0.

I have looked through all of the Options and Customization menus trying to find how to change it back to absolute position but have had no luck. Anybody have any ideas?

Mike Null
04-19-2008, 2:31 PM
I would shut Corel down and reboot while holding down the F8 key. This will return Corel to the default sttings. From there you can customize the workspace as you like.

Roy Brewer does a good tutorial on this. http://www.engravingconcepts.com/swf_files/CorelDefaults.html

Craig Colvin
04-19-2008, 3:14 PM
Thanks, that fixed it.

I knew there was a way to restore the defaults but I thought it was in the options or menus and spent over an hour trying to find out how to do it. I kept searching for restoring default, the F8 tip shows up under reseting default. :)