PDA

View Full Version : O.T. Mourning the passing of one of Americas Greatest Generation

Jim Creech
04-18-2008, 10:47 PM
At 10:45 this morning , my Father in Law passed on to a better place. He was an Army Veteran of WW II in the European Theater and damned proud of it. He recieved the Purple Heart after his Jeep struck a land mine. Albert introduced me to sailing and was the spark that ignighted my interested in boatbuilding after hearing of his exploits in restoring a sailboat built by his older brother who was killed during the war. He will be sorely missed by his family.
God bless those have and are currently serving our country and those yet to come! Our prayers are with you!

Brian Kent
04-18-2008, 11:22 PM
Jim, my heart goes out for you and for your father-in-law. I am glad he has you and others to remember him and embody some of what made him great.

Blessings and Prayers,

Brian Kent

Jim Creech
04-18-2008, 11:26 PM
Thanks Brian,
Much appreciated!

Dennis Peacock
04-19-2008, 9:37 AM
Jim,

I'm very sorry about the passing of your FIL. Please accept my most sincere condolences. My prayers go out for your entire family.

Ken Fitzgerald
04-19-2008, 10:08 AM
Jim....my thoughts and prayers to you and your family.

James Carmichael
04-19-2008, 12:21 PM
My sympathies, Jim. They are indeed the greatest generation, and we will miss them when they're gone.

Keith Outten
04-19-2008, 12:35 PM
I'm sorry to here about your Father in Laws passing Comrade, let Jackie and I know if there is anything we can do. Make sure you tell Denise that we are terribly sorry for her loss.

Gary Kvasnicka
04-19-2008, 7:15 PM
Jim,

My deepest sympathies to you and your entire family. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

Gary

Brent Vander Weil
04-20-2008, 11:09 AM
I too would like to say I am sorry for your loss, but what a great place to share his story and mix his life and interest in boats into a memorial of sorts that you know he would enjoy.

Mike Null
04-20-2008, 12:49 PM
They were called the "greatest generation" for a reason.

I honor them all.

My condolences to you and your family.

Dave Ray
04-21-2008, 9:06 PM
Jim, I am very sorry for your loss. Your FIL was a member of the greatest generation, and they got that name the old fashioned way..... They earned it.

Jim Creech
04-22-2008, 10:36 PM
The end of a chapter.
We buried my FIL today with Military Honors. I have attended more funerals than I care to think about and the Military funerals are always the most moving.
Thanks to all for allowing me to "vent" and my heartfelt thanks to the Honor Guard from Ft. Eustis. True Professionalism and devotion to one of their own. Well Done!