PDA

View Full Version : Woodcraft: a Rave

Lawrence Smith
04-18-2008, 7:23 PM
I bought a Jet Benchtop OSS from Woodcraft at the Tampa, Fl. Woodworking Show last month. At the time I was going to buy the unit from Amazon since they were cheaper. I decided to deal with Woodcraft since they were not that much more expensive and stressed to me their customer service. The first time I went to use the unit a noise developed after it had been running for about ten minutes. I called Jet CS and they could not help me over the phone and advised that I take it to the local authorized Jet service center. After leaving it there it sat for over two weeks. I could not get any idea from them as to when I would see it again. So, one phone call to the Woodcraft store in Pompano and they told me to bring it back and get an exchange which I did today. They could not have treated me better. They even let me run the exchange unit as long as I wanted to make sure it was OK before I took it. I have to say I am impressed with their customer service and certainly will do more business with them in the future.

Ben Rafael
04-18-2008, 7:25 PM
I've always have been happy with Woodcraft service.

Ron Jones near Indy
04-18-2008, 7:28 PM
I have never been disappointed with Woodcraft's CS. Always top notch.:)

Brandon Shew
04-19-2008, 8:36 AM
Same here for the Norfolk store. I got a thank you card in the mail from them yesterday for my recent jointer purchase (or was it for the General Mortiser?). Nice touch in either case.

Lee Koepke
04-19-2008, 8:43 AM
I used to have one near my house when I lived in Orlando. I was ( and still am a very novice WW ) and everytime I went in there, they guys that work the store would ALWAYS talk to me about stuff. I would ask questions, they would answer ( kinda like this board ) and they were never judgemental of my experience .... it was always a good experience.

Matt Meiser
04-19-2008, 10:05 AM
With the stores, it depends on the location since most (all?) are franchise stores. I've visited them in several cities because before they put one in Toledo, the closest one to me wasn't worth the drive IMHO. So when I was out of town I'd stop at a Woodcraft. Some are better stocked than others, but far more often than not, the people in the store are extremely friendly--including in one that it turns out is owned by the same owner as the one I don't like. But the owner is at that store, about 4 hours away from his other store. I don't think absentee ownership is helping him.