PDA

View Full Version : Kudos to Wall Lumber!

Bob Childress
04-18-2008, 5:59 PM
Based on some responses in other threads I finally got around to visiting Wall Lumber in North Carolina this week. Stopped there on my way to Virginia with SWMBO to check it out. They took the time to show her (and me) every single type of timber they had available, how it worked and finished, and what it was typically used for.

Ordered some cherry, white oak and ambrosia maple (this was Tuesday). When I came to pick it up on Thursday it was ready to go, looked great, and everyone was so friendly. Great customer service. I just felt like I had to say something nice about the whole experience. :)

Best of all, SWMBO is now in love with their timber and will not kick when I want some more. :D :D:D

Here is some of it, unloaded from the pickup truck this morning:

Peter Kuhlman
04-18-2008, 6:37 PM
Sounds like a great experience! Wish I had suppliers available like that. Is this the same Wall Lumber that does mail order?
Pete

Bob Childress
04-18-2008, 6:39 PM
Sounds like a great experience! Wish I had suppliers available like that. Is this the same Wall Lumber that does mail order?
Pete

Yes. They do UPS bundles and larger orders by motor freight. Mayodan, NC.

Stan Welborn
04-18-2008, 7:06 PM
Been dealing with them boys for over 20 years now. No complaints.

Tony Joyce
04-18-2008, 7:35 PM
They carry most domestic species in 4/4, 5/4 & 8/4. Plus many exotics. With planning, ripping, resaw, & sanding services. Plywood, doors, mold and Festools:)

Tony Joyce