PDA

View Full Version : Question: Allowed to have link to web site in sig?

Michael Schumacher
04-18-2008, 4:27 PM
I belong to another forum, that I've grown tired of and haven't visited in many weeks now. Anyway, before I edit my sig to put in my web site, I thought I'd better check to see if I violate rules or not.

It is a personal site, not selling anything - okay, I have a few items to sell but not to you guys...everyone here can build it for themselves.

Thanks, Michael

Ken Fitzgerald
04-18-2008, 4:35 PM
Michael,

According to the TOSs, Links are not allowed in signatures.

Joe Pelonio
04-18-2008, 4:41 PM
You can put in your company name, however may not use that as a marketing or advertising tool by including additional information.

Ray Schafer
04-18-2008, 6:24 PM
I think that I have seen links in several signatures ... but maybe I am only remembering links to threads.

Joe Pelonio
04-18-2008, 6:35 PM
I think that I have seen links in several signatures ... but maybe I am only remembering links to threads.

If you or any other member happens to see a link in a sig, or any other TOS violation, we would appreciate having it reported to us so we can correct it. We do our best but may miss a few things now and then.

When you click a forum name, at right the bottom of the screen below all of the listed posts there's a moderator listed, click that name and send a pm or send one to any moderator of your choice. You could also click the red triangle at the top right of each individual post to report something needing moderation.

Don Abele
04-18-2008, 6:37 PM
Michael, posting your website in your profile is the best way (which you have done). You can mention it in your signature and in posts, just not link directly to it.

By the way, nice site and nice projects. Would have liked to have seen more of the layout of your basement shop though.

Be well,

Doc