PDA

View Full Version : repeating same file?

Helen Cast
04-18-2008, 1:05 PM
After completing a vector file that was sent from CorelDraw X3 to an Accuris PowerSharp 16(that cut perfectly), I attempt to resend the exact file/same settings and the start point is no where near the previous start point. The file was never closed or altered and remained on the monitor the whole time. I can delete all the files at the Accuris and resend it but the results are the same. Upon pressing "run" the readout instantly says "done". I don't think it is an issue of # of copies or quantity settings. Perhaps these are two distinct issues and if so, getting the head to the exact previous starting point is the priority. Are these CorelDraw issues or machine related problems? Or, more than likely am I overlooking a simple step in the setup...

The substrate was not moved.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions! Cliff

Mike Null
04-18-2008, 2:35 PM
I don't have any experience with an Accuris but I would check my printer cable from the pc to the laser. Remove and reconnect it.

On most lasers it is not necessary to resend the job you can just push the repeat button at the laser.

Ed Maloney
04-18-2008, 4:28 PM
I had part of your problem with my machine (really me, not the machine!). Turned out I sent a file with only vector lines and had the print driver set to raster only. Pressed the go button and said Done right away!

Don't know about your other situation though.

Ed

Helen Cast
04-18-2008, 7:21 PM
The cable was unplugged/plugged. The file matches the necessary driver(raster/vector) settings. The driver can be set for quantity and copies before sending the file but there is no "repeat" button on the machine that I can locate. If I send the exact unaltered file it will still go to some random starting point and will vector/raster the image at app. half the original size. NO recognition of the original axis settings!

Any ideas? Thank you, Cliff

Larry Bratton
04-18-2008, 7:46 PM
Helen:
On my Epilog machine, their is no repeat button per se. The file is held in memory and you just hit GO again and it runs again.

I have, in fact, forgot to put hairline outlines on text, sent them as a vector..and they are DONE instantly! Not familiar with your machine, so not much help I'm sure.

Ed Maloney
04-19-2008, 9:09 AM
Ya know, why don't you view your image in wireframe mode to see if there are any stray curves you can't see in normal mode.

Another thought is to post your file and some of us can try it to see if we get the same results as you do.

Michael Wintermute
04-21-2008, 9:34 AM
Helen,
On the Xenetech we have a simular problem, If you change the resolution(DPI) in the print driver and send the file directly it will reduce/ enlarge the output.
What is used to corect this is to:
From Corel select print, change to another printer it is to send to then change back to the laser and continue to send to the laser.
( I know it is crazy but it is what the Xenetech users have to do )
Something about comunication with Corel

Hope this helps,
Mike

Michael Wintermute
04-21-2008, 9:39 AM
OOPS sorry Cliff didn't notice that you were loged in as Helen. :eek:

Helen Cast
04-22-2008, 7:49 PM
I will give that concept a try as soon as I get to the laser. It seems like a strange solution, yet it kind of makes sense. I really appreciate all of the suggestions...as usual, this creek info is fantastic. Cliff & Helen

Joel Herzel
04-22-2008, 8:14 PM
Sorry to post this here, but I am brand new to the forum and cannot find where to begin a new thread. Any help appreciated.

Joel

Mike Null
04-22-2008, 11:16 PM
Joel

go to the first page of the laser forum or whichever forum you want to post in. There is a button there.