PDA

View Full Version : Mini-planer gloat!

Craig Hemsath
04-17-2008, 10:37 PM
I've been shopping for a lunchbox planer for awhile, just been waiting to find a good deal on one. Got it today. Just happen to check Lowe's website to see if anything was going on. Had Dewalt 734 listed at $303 as a lower local price. Thought that seemed pretty cheap, so I printed off the page and headed to Lowe's after work. Shelf price at the store was still $369, showed them the print off and they honored the price. Best part is they still allowed me to use 10% coupon (from moving) I had and I threw in a $50 gift card I had leftover. So I ended up with it for about $220!

Now the Mrs. is definitely going to want me to do something with all that 'scrap wood' taking up the corner of the garage...

Dave Lehnert
04-17-2008, 10:45 PM
Seems to be a trend with some stores. If you look at Sears they will run a tool on clearance very cheap. But you have to order it on-line and pick up at the store. I am not talking about the mistakes from time to time but true clearance items. I got a miter box (large hand tool type) for like $13. around $100 reg price.

Tom Kelley
04-20-2008, 3:37 PM
Well Craig your deal was better than mine. I also bought the DeWalt 734 at Lowes for your first price but I did not have a moving discount or whatever. I just could not justify the MUCH higher price of the 735. Especially when the 734 has always gotten excellent reviews. I'm not slamming the 735. But for me I thought that it was a good deal on the 734. Since I need portability I am going to get the rolling DeWalt stand from Amazon.