PDA

View Full Version : ULS Rotary Engraver

Harry Radaza
04-17-2008, 10:26 PM
I am having trouble engraving on a rotary engraver. I need to cut Ostrich Eggs in half. I started by testing it out on an old wooden bracelet. Just engraving a straight line around it. I followed all the directions in the ULS manual. However, for some reason it wont go all the way around.

I have no problem aligning the X axis. The problem comes with the actual object ( a line ) that I put in Corel. I used the bracelets circumference as the length of the object from top to bottom. However, this still does not give a line that goes all the way through. I also inputted the actual diameter correctly and chose ROTARY in the Versalaser Advanced Control Panel.

Any ULS experts here?

Mike Mackenzie
04-17-2008, 10:29 PM
Harry,

In the advanced tab of the driver you will see ROTARY OVERLAP play with these numbers.

Craig Hogarth
04-18-2008, 5:01 AM
I'd like to see the end result when you're done.

John Barton
04-22-2008, 11:22 PM
you can also make the line longer than it needs to be to force the overlap. in other words if your circumference is 20 inches then your line can 20.5 to force a half inch overlap. make sure that your bed size is also larger to support this as well.

by increasing your bed size you are basically adding revolutions to the rotary as it "thinks" it needs to roll x-distance to complete 1 revolution. So for example a 40 inch bed size would cause the 20 diameter piece to revolve 2x before stopping.

Using this method you can do spirals and designs that seamlessly wind around the piece.