PDA

View Full Version : Storms in North Central Texas

Jim O'Dell
04-17-2008, 9:00 PM
The first of the line just came through here about 10 minutes ago. Lots of rain and small hail. Most of the hail is dime size or smaller, but I did see one piece that approached the quarter size. My patio and the front of the house look like it has snowed a little. Lots of white! Rain has slacked up some. For those to the east and south of Ft. Worth, watch out. It's coming your way!!! Jim.

Martin Shupe
04-17-2008, 9:44 PM
Jim, I was just going to make a post to check on you. The TV said there was a tornado between Aledo and Azle.

Here's hoping you are ok.

Just starting to rain in Granbury at 844 pm.

Most of it went north of us. Looks like Weatherford got hammered.

Ken Garlock
04-17-2008, 10:32 PM
McKinney is getting a heavy rain now. The satellite receiver lost its signal about 5 minutes ago.

Jim O'Dell
04-17-2008, 10:59 PM
Martin, it wasn't bad here. Lots of small hail. I did see about 10 minutes ago that the dealership I work at got hit hard. I left a message for my service manager to see if I needed to go out and help with anything. I just hope my porter pulled in that Corvette Z like I told him to.:eek::eek::eek: If not, my cutsomer is going to fry me.
Ken, hope you are safe. The heavy part of the storm should just about be through you by now. Everyone in the storm's path keep an eye out! Jim.

Richard M. Wolfe
04-17-2008, 11:28 PM
Nothing here except pretty heavy rain and some wind. Didn't really know much about it. The best way not to worry about it is to not know.....I was in the shop and had earmuffs on, although I did hear thunder a couple times.

I'm starting to develop a pet peeve. Every time there's a severe storm watch there seems to be nonstop TV coverage. Wasn't that way in the past. Let me know and break in for a minute or so every so often for an update or if something bad develops but two or three hours continuous is overkill. Especially now when practically everyone has internet radar, etc, etc.