PDA

View Full Version : Turning blanks on Ebay?

Chris Johnson
03-29-2004, 9:35 PM
Has anyone here purchased any turning blanks from a seller on Ebay that goes by "ncwood"? I just bought a couple of ambrosia maple bowl blanks and wondered what to expect. I have been wanting to turn something other than a pen for a while, and his stuff looked like just the ticket.

Chris Padilla
03-30-2004, 10:16 AM
There's a guy by the name of "chitswood" that has really nice stuff...great prices...and he really works to save you on shipping...especially if you win multiple auctions from him.

Arvin Brown
03-30-2004, 10:37 AM
Has anyone here purchased any turning blanks from a seller on Ebay that goes by "ncwood"? I just bought a couple of ambrosia maple bowl blanks and wondered what to expect. I have been wanting to turn something other than a pen for a while, and his stuff looked like just the ticket.

I've purchased from him a couple of times. Both times were for ambrosia maple. Delivery is great! The first time I ordered the wood was fantastic! The second time the wood was only good. However, both times the wood has been better than I've seen anywhere else. He has pretty good prices too.

Chris Johnson
03-30-2004, 10:29 PM
I have purchased fron Chit before and got some very nice Chechen Burl. I'm glad to see others like his stuff. Thanks.

There's a guy by the name of "chitswood" that has really nice stuff...great prices...and he really works to save you on shipping...especially if you win multiple auctions from him.

Chris Johnson
03-30-2004, 10:32 PM
hanks for the reply. I'm glad that you had good luck wioth this seller. I am looking forward to getting the wood,

I've purchased from him a couple of times. Both times were for ambrosia maple. Delivery is great! The first time I ordered the wood was fantastic! The second time the wood was only good. However, both times the wood has been better than I've seen anywhere else. He has pretty good prices too.