PDA

View Full Version : American Chopper show

Don Orr
04-17-2008, 12:25 PM
I like the guys at OCC but have not seen the show in a while. Anybody know what happened to Vinnie ? He's not on the show anymore.

Mitchell Andrus
04-17-2008, 12:30 PM
From Wikki:

Vinnie Dimartino and Cody Connelly from Orange County Choppers have both left the company to start their own custom bike shop called V-Force Customs in Rock Tavern, NY. The corporate website is: http://www.vforcecustoms.com

(I googled "Where did Vinnie go?" - I LOVE Google)

Greg Cole
04-17-2008, 1:06 PM
I kind of got off the OCC kick awhile ago, as there's only so much of the Paul's I can take.
Cousin Vinne and Rick were the talented ones anyway..... or the ones I didn't mind seeing actually work not just sit around and act like umm...err... beauties.

Greg

Al Willits
04-17-2008, 7:47 PM
I kind of got off the OCC kick awhile ago, as there's only so much of the Paul's I can take.
Cousin Vinne and Rick were the talented ones anyway..... or the ones I didn't mind seeing actually work not just sit around and act like umm...err... beauties.

Greg

I'm with you, first couple of episodes were funny, but ya wonder who'd buy one of their bikes after watching how they built them, talk about being in the right spot at the right time..
Good luck Vinnie, you deserve it after putting up with them all this time.

Al

Rick Gifford
04-17-2008, 7:58 PM
As a motorcyclist I have various forums for bikes I used to visit often (not so much anymore, guess where I go now?). OCC has been a topic of discussion so many times.

Love 'em or hate 'em, Paul Sr did a great job advertizing his business.

But, the consenses from those who have seen their bikes up close. Looked them over real well. Guys that know quality and are particular about their rides, will tell you their workmanship at OCC leaves alot to be desired.

Sloppy welds and jerry rigged fittings. Not worth the money they demand.

I think even Mr Jay Leno was less than happy with his custom order when the rear light bulb burned out and his bike shut down. They had the wiring criss-crossed.

Mikey is a waste of time in my opinion. He's not even funny.

I hope Vinney does well on his new venture. I suspect he will.

Lee DeRaud
04-17-2008, 8:16 PM
Good luck Vinnie, you deserve it after putting up with them all this time.All things considered, I'd rather work with/for Paul Teutel (either one) at OC Choppers than that putz Duane at Boyd Coddington's shop ('American Hot Rod'). :eek:

Greg Peterson
04-17-2008, 9:01 PM
All things considered, I'd rather work with/for Paul Teutel (either one) at OC Choppers than that putz Duane at Boyd Coddington's shop ('American Hot Rod'). :eek:

Absolutely. Now that Boyd's gone I wonder what will come of the shop?

As for the Paul's, knowing how wasteful they are (needlessly wrecking their vehicles, smashing doors, windows.......) I wouldn't buy any of their products. They want to waste their money on juvenile antics for the TV, go ahead, I'm not going to subsidize their prankings.

Craig D Peltier
04-17-2008, 9:05 PM
I like the show.They have a good time on it and seem to treat employees well. Im also a MC enthusiast and agree there bikes are crap. Jesse James was supposed to make really nice bikes.
Mikey is funny IMO.He just likes to have fun.Nothing wrong with that. Theres lots of kids riding on coat tails.
I have seen vinnies site and looked at his videos. Cody looks like a sheep dog following his master. Thye have a forum as well, lat time I checked Cody talks on it.

Joe Mioux
04-17-2008, 9:14 PM
Commercial break, Am Chpr is on right now.

I read this thread earlier this evening, checked in on Am Chopr and this is the episode that Vinnie says good bye.

so if you want to see Vinnie leave I believe you have the next 45 minutes.

Mitchell Andrus
04-17-2008, 10:08 PM
But, the consenses from those who have seen their bikes up close. Looked them over real well. Guys that know quality and are particular about their rides, will tell you their workmanship at OCC leaves alot to be desired.

Sloppy welds and jerry rigged fittings. Not worth the money they demand.

I've seen the Lincoln bike at the NY Auto show last year. I was not impressed with the craftsmanship. The design was better than the execution, more sizzle than steak.

Good luck Vinnie.

Russ Filtz
04-18-2008, 8:16 AM
When Cody left to go to motorcycle school in Florida, he was at the same place as my nephew in Daytona area. He said Cody was a real a$$. I guess he'd gotten a big head from being on TV.

Chuck Wintle
04-18-2008, 8:47 AM
When Cody left to go to motorcycle school in Florida, he was at the same place as my nephew in Daytona area. He said Cody was a real a$$. I guess he'd gotten a big head from being on TV.

Cody has a lot of growing up to do. If he is an ass then I hope, for his and Vinnies sake, that he may be pissing off potential customers.

As for American Chopper, for me, it has become more a show about the adventures or misadventures of the Teutel clan rather than the bikes they build.

Too bad about Boyd, a real icon of the industry gone. Maybe one of his sons will step up and run the shop. Duane always came off as real hardass but this is necessary when running a business, in my opinion.

Curt Harms
04-18-2008, 8:50 AM
the proceeds appear to have built a rather nice facility next to the Newburgh NY airport on 17K. . Not sure if it's open yet, but it should open soon if it's not already. Guys that know Paul Sr. say his on-camera and off-camera personas are not all that close, pretty nice guy in real life.

Don Orr
04-18-2008, 9:33 AM
I used to like the show but it has gotten a bit nuts lately. Thanks for the link. I googled but did not get much. I guess I didn't use the right words.

I hope the quality of the new bikes is better than OCC.

Al Willits
04-18-2008, 10:01 AM
"""""""
All things considered, I'd rather work with/for Paul Teutel (either one) at OC Choppers than that putz Duane at Boyd Coddington's shop ('American Hot Rod'). :eek:
"""""""

While I might agree, that's not much of a choice, there are many good bike builders out there who do much better work and boyds shop was a joke.

But to many they were entertaining and I guess to the TV viewers thats what counts.

Al

John Shuk
04-18-2008, 5:30 PM
Paul Jr used to hang out at my apartment in Middletown NY with my room mate. He was maybe 18 or 19 at the time. He was always a nice kid. Vinny worked as a mechanic at a bike shop I sold supplies to. I never saw the show for a couple of years after it started and when I first did I couldn't believe it was those guys. I always assumed it was Orange County NY.

Glenn Clabo
04-18-2008, 5:41 PM
When Vinnie left...so did I. I knew who tried to do the right thing from day one. Real mechanics just know.