PDA

View Full Version : ieSpell problems

David G Baker
04-16-2008, 9:39 PM
Does the spell checker still exist that SMC once had? I have been using ieSpell and on several occasion using it has caused me to loose posts as well as causing me to reach my boiling point.

Jim Becker
04-16-2008, 10:14 PM
I use ieSpell on my work computer and find it's not compatible with vBulletin forums for some reason. The standard spell checker in FireFox that I use on my personal machines works wonderfully, however. (I cannot install FF on my work machine, unfortunately, due to corporate standards)

glenn bradley
04-16-2008, 10:43 PM
I run ieSpell 240428 with Win2k and also on XP Pro, no problem. I'd uninstall and reinstall just in case something has gone corrupt.

Joseph N. Myers
04-16-2008, 10:47 PM
Does the spell checker still exist that SMC once had? I have been using ieSpell and on several occasion using it has caused me to loose posts as well as causing me to reach my boiling point.

David,

I was just PM'ing someone about him using iespell when I lost my post (and my boiling point) but that is another story.

I use iespell on SMC with no problems. Except you have to have the cursor in the title line for it to work (and of course, right click on the mouse). And by using iespell, I'm referring to using it in PM, e-mail, regular posts, etc.

In regular post, i.e., like now, the ABC(check mark) in the upper right works and does say Iespell when completed.

HTH, Joe

Tom Veatch
04-16-2008, 11:02 PM
I run ieSpell 240428 with Win2k and also on XP Pro, no problem. I'd uninstall and reinstall just in case something has gone corrupt.

I'm running 2.5.1.106, XP Pro and haven't had any problems using it on posts in vBulletin forums - either SMC or others.

David G Baker
04-17-2008, 9:17 AM
I am running a Vista machine and using IE7. ieSpell works great if I don't mess up and hit a key to add more text after I go back to the message page. If I hit a key other than the enter key or left click on the mouse (I think this is right) "boink" all of my text goes to the netherworld along with my attitude.
The original spell checker was so smooth and free of problems I got spoiled. I have to discipline myself to do the same thing every time or type my message in a word processor and copy and paste into the message area.
Thanks all of you for your input.