PDA

View Full Version : Wondering about a "Feature your Flatwork Forum"

Bill Wyko
04-16-2008, 4:08 PM
My, My how SMC has grown even in just the last year. There are times when someone will post their work and I would like to go back and look at it and it gets moved so fast that I can't find it. Even in a few hours sometimes. By having Q&A in the same forum as featured work the forum moves very rapidly. I was wondering about a forum for flatwork features? It would be for featuring our work and the conversations to go along with it. Separate from the Q&A.

Chris Padilla
04-16-2008, 5:07 PM
I hear you about GWW/PT forum being quite busy and posts get bounced to the second page PDQ!

I think this topic might be better suited in the design forum? It may be AFTER the design but it is still design nonetheless.

gary Zimmel
04-16-2008, 5:16 PM
I for one think it would be a great idea to have a forum that is dedicated to projects that are finished.

Eric Gustafson
04-16-2008, 5:20 PM
Good idea Bill. I like seeing what other Creekers make and reading the comments with those threads. The GWW forum gets too much traffic and the projects get lost easily.

Jim Becker
04-16-2008, 5:25 PM
Please note that a gallery feature is planned for contributors once the new vBulletin software is released and installed.

Jim
SMC Moderator

Rob Bodenschatz
04-16-2008, 5:27 PM
New forums mean nothing to me. I use "New Posts" exclusively.

Bill Wyko
04-16-2008, 5:28 PM
Thanks Jim, you guys are on the ball. Gotta love this place.:D

Keith Outten
04-16-2008, 8:49 PM
Very soon our Project Plans Forum will be renamed "Woodworking Projects". This should provide a dedicated space for discussing completed woodworking projects and for project pictures.

Brian Effinger
04-17-2008, 9:48 AM
Please note that a gallery feature is planned for contributors once the new vBulletin software is released and installed.

Jim
SMC Moderator

That is what I was going to suggest. I'd like to see a gallery for not just flatwork, but turning, and any other woodworking project. How do you guys plan on organizing it - like the rest of the forums, or something else?

Greg Hines, MD
04-17-2008, 10:23 AM
I would go one step further with this idea. I would have a separate area for shop jigs, fixtures, techniques, etc. It seems like I am constantly looking for something I read about here, and then could not find. And with 1500 pages to look through, it will take a while. It helps that it keeps track of the pages you have responded to, but if you did not reply, you are stuck.

Doc