PDA

View Full Version : Lathe order, just waiting

Ron Oastler
04-16-2008, 8:28 AM
Well I have ordered the pm3520b and hopefully it will be here this weekend or early next week, at least before my wife gets back from European vacation with her sister to visit family, I have cleaned out the area where my old lathe was and put in some new shelves so all is set, I have 4 big strong fellows to help bring it downstairs, and an engine table to put it on so I can add the legs and then lower the bed, I will try and add a picture hopefully it will work,
Ron in Kingston Ontario

Steve Schlumpf
04-16-2008, 8:32 AM
Looks like you are all ready for baby to come home! I look forward to the pictures and make sure you are careful when lifting parts of that monster!

robert hainstock
04-16-2008, 8:55 AM
I suggest hanging a shower curtain or some other kind of curtain oover the front of the drying shelves. Might help keeep the cips from piling up in those blanks. :eek::eek::D
Bob

Alex Cam
04-16-2008, 9:32 AM
You're going to be in hog heaven.

Here's couple tips:
It doesn't come with Allen wrenches, so unless you want to be bitterly disappointed when you're all geared up to assemble it, make sure you have some on hand.

The power cord comes without a 'plug' on it. Make sure you pick one up that matches the receptacle you'll plug it in to.

Enjoy!

Bernie Weishapl
04-16-2008, 9:39 AM
Congrats on the new lathe. Can't wait to see some pics.

Bill Bolen
04-16-2008, 10:05 AM
HMMM...Me thinks a photo of a shop expansion will soon be posted! When you get that bed extension so you can do those 6 ' bowls you will want room to the right side..Bill..