PDA

View Full Version : information on Dewalt RAS MBF

Bob Sippel
04-16-2008, 12:45 AM
I acquired a Dewalt RAS MBF in great shape. I really don't have room for it and would like to find a buyer. I understand they are great saws for those that know how to use them. I also have no idea there worth or were to sell them. Anyone got any Ideas?

Mike Spanbauer
04-16-2008, 11:46 AM
Depends on the condition of the unit and location (since you didn't provide it / have it in your profile).

They usually sell anywhere from 60-150 depending on what accessories / how complete it is. The MBF is a 3/4 hp original dewalt from the mid - late 50's. They are built extremely well and the parts are almost all interchangeable with the MBC and MB which makes finding replacement items relatively simple (even if you have to dig a little, lots are out there).

There is a great RAS forum over at http://people.delphiforums.com/snotzalot/sawdust/ which you should take a look at.

I'm sure some here would be more than willing to take it off your hands pending location and price, but you'll have to make a $6 contribution to be eligible to post a classified down below.

G'luck

mike

Travis Gauger
04-16-2008, 11:52 AM
I've been in the market for one. Where are you located?

Jules Dominguez
04-16-2008, 11:57 AM
A RAS can be set up to make a lot of different types of cuts. I think what most people who've used the lighter weight models, such as Craftsman, don't like about them is that they can get out of adjustment easily and can't be counted on to be as accurate as a tablesaw. They're also inherently more dangerous than a tablesaw, in my opinion.
I have an old Craftsman that I now use only for cutoffs, and it will hold accuracy if I don't let it climb a board and don't change the setup. I don't think I'd ever want to make a rip cut with one of them again, though.
Having said all of that, I've never used a heavy-duty DeWalt and I assume they're quite a different animal.
I've read that one half of the new price is a good starting point for used equipment. Where are you located?