PDA

View Full Version : My New Workshop/Garage is Going Here!

Don Bullock
04-15-2008, 10:45 PM
If all goes as planned my wife and I will have a new (new to us) home in the beautiful semi-rural area of Fallbrook, California. Escrow is scheduled to close before the end of the month. I'm planning for my shop to go here:

Yes, the lot will need a lot of landscaping, but we got a super deal on the house and more than an acre of land. It's just what we wanted for our retirement. At this point I'm planning on a 24' x 40' shop/garage building and will have to see if I have enough money in the budget for it.:D:D:D

Don Abele
04-15-2008, 11:38 PM
Don, congrats. I lived in Fallbrook back in the late 80's when I was stationed at Camp Pendleton. Great place to get avocados cheap! When I was there it was a quite little town. 24x40 is big...any ideas on how you plan to use the space?

Be well,

Doc

Ben Cadotte
04-15-2008, 11:57 PM
24x40? Your going to build a shop smaller than your house??

I happen to be fortunate to now have more sq ft in the shop than home. And I would not have it any other way. :-)

Seriously, congrats on the new house. And it seems with everything going on in housing, its a buyers market.

glenn bradley
04-16-2008, 12:23 AM
Congrats Don. You will love it there. I lived in Vista once upon a time and my parents live on the other side of exciting Bonsall from you. Mom and dad lived in Fallbrook for years before moving a little ways south. You will have some of the most consistent weather on the planet.

Jim Becker
04-16-2008, 9:38 AM
You honestly think you're going to have any time for landscaping work with that shop to occupy your time?? LOL

Congratulations!

Don Bullock
04-16-2008, 10:02 AM
24x40? Your going to build a shop smaller than your house??

Ben, the house is just under 3,000 sq/ft.:D

You honestly think you're going to have any time for landscaping work with that shop to occupy your time?? LOL

Congratulations!

Jim, you may be right about not having time for the landscaping, but since I'll be retired in 58 days so my time will be my own to do what I want.;):D

Scot Ferraro
04-16-2008, 10:16 AM
Congrats, Don -- Fallbrook is a beautiful area and one of my favorite places in So Cal -- what a great place to retire. Awesome space for the shop too -- it will be a great place to park some of the new toys, er tools, you have picked up recently.

Scot