PDA

View Full Version : How many Hours does my machine have on it?

Ricky Gore
04-15-2008, 9:11 PM
Does anyone know if there is a button combination to show how many hours the machine has on the laser?

Epilox Helix

Thanks,
Rick :rolleyes:

Thad Nickoley
04-15-2008, 9:20 PM
I asked my Epilog rep that question, he said there was not.

Bill Cunningham
04-17-2008, 9:48 PM
I know they 'say' there isn't, but I'll bet there is!! Even the cheapest laser printer/copier on the market has that function. With the amount of software in these things, I'd eat one of Frank's famous gourmet hats if there isn't a non-public, 'un-published' combination of button pushes that will not bring up that info.. Simply can't believe that with the amount of job info displayed, 'that' particular function would have been left out by the programmer.. Nope..Nerd thinking would simply not have allowed it to be left out. For history purposes, it's just too useful.

Frank Corker
04-18-2008, 3:20 AM
Bill, dusting off a hat for you now!

Rob Bosworth
04-18-2008, 10:43 AM
Dear Bill, you got us. We have been telling people for years that there is no way to determine the actual usage of laser systems. So now that the cat is out of the bag, I will let you in on a little secret. First, with the second finger of your left hand, hold down the up arrow key. While holding it down, momentarily push the select key three times, then hold the select key down and pulse the up arrow key twice. With the right hand, you need to play the base. AS you are performing the left hand scale, you wil need to hold the focus/ reset key intermittently with the pinky of your right hand. Lean as far back as possible without falling over, tilt your head back and howl at the moon. While you are howling, the actual laser on time will flash on the display of the machine. You will have to have your assistant read the display, because as soon as you try to roll your eyes or move your neck to see the display, the numbers will quickly change and actually show you your social security number.

I am sorry Peck. But they made me divulge it.

Thad Nickoley
04-18-2008, 5:46 PM
Bill, that was my thought also. I was told that they didnt have one due to the varying power outputs that may be used in different instances.

David Fairfield
04-18-2008, 7:31 PM
sure would be handy indicator to know when its due for a cleaning/lubricating. My car has a little yellow light that lets me know when it needs oil.

Stephen Beckham
04-18-2008, 10:49 PM
Now - that's funny - I don't care who you are!!!

:D :D :D

Bill Cunningham
04-19-2008, 8:57 AM
Dear Bill, you got us. We have been telling people for years that there is no way to determine the actual usage of laser systems. So now that the cat is out of the bag, I will let you in on a little secret. First, with the second finger of your left hand, hold down the up arrow key. While holding it down, momentarily push the select key three times, then hold the select key down and pulse the up arrow key twice. With the right hand, you need to play the base. AS you are performing the left hand scale, you wil need to hold the focus/ reset key intermittently with the pinky of your right hand. Lean as far back as possible without falling over, tilt your head back and howl at the moon. While you are howling, the actual laser on time will flash on the display of the machine. You will have to have your assistant read the display, because as soon as you try to roll your eyes or move your neck to see the display, the numbers will quickly change and actually show you your social security number.

Ahh So , let me get this clear! The only thing that is preventing me from reaching complete nirvana on this subject is the lack of a assistant? Damn!!! I'm always a buck short or a day late!!:mad: I should have known. After all, I 'have' reached nirvana with the help of an assistant in the past:D

Peck Sidara
04-19-2008, 9:55 AM

That's just too funny Rob!:D

Larry Bratton
04-19-2008, 6:05 PM
Rob:
Ha! ROFLMAO...you outta be on TV !