PDA

View Full Version : Calling all Central Kentucky Creekers!!

John Keeton
04-15-2008, 6:48 PM
This morning I posted a thread requesting information about various guilds/clubs in which creekers participate. Some really good input and ideas were received. I would like to explore a central KY club, find out if any such clubs exist, and if not, make some effort toward organization. Let me hear from you with your thoughts on this. THANKS!!

Sean Troy
04-15-2008, 10:06 PM
This morning I posted a thread requesting information about various guilds/clubs in which creekers participate. Some really good input and ideas were received. I would like to explore a central KY club, find out if any such clubs exist, and if not, make some effort toward organization. Let me hear from you with your thoughts on this. THANKS!!
I think it's a great idea. I,m a little west of Central but still like the idea.

John Keeton
04-16-2008, 6:34 AM
Sean

I appreciate your response. Unfortunately, there either doesn't seem to be much interest. I hope the reason is that the C. Ky creekers haven't seen the post yet. I am hopeful we get more response and can get something going. I really believe that we could get some real movement that could positively impact the participants and the public. Kentucky has some tremendous craftsmen and craftswomen, and we need to be more of a community. Just look at the impact of the "creek." On a different level, we could have that here in KY.

Wes Terry
04-16-2008, 8:09 AM
As we discussed, I think it's a great idea and would like to see such an organization come into being. I hope there is sufficient interest from the Creekers, and time will tell. I also think your idea of soliciting the help of the new wood working store in Lexington will bear fruit.

Rob Grubbs
04-16-2008, 5:15 PM
I am in Central KY about 30 minutes south of Lexington. I don't know of any clubs currently, but may be interested in one if it started.

John Keeton
04-16-2008, 7:24 PM
Roy

Thanks for responding! I don't know how much interest we are going to get, but it is worth a try. As you know, Woodcraft is opening a new store in Lexington. If we could get enough interest, I would like to approach them to see if they would host the club/association. They may be willing to give us a little space and provide a little coffee once a month and, in turn, get some traffic. It would give us a chance to form some new acquaintances and exchange some ideas. I know a lot of the associations apparently have some real interesting meetings with speakers, demos, etc.

Bo Lowrey
04-16-2008, 10:12 PM
I'd be interested in participating, or at the least occasionally visiting if not local.

John Keeton
04-17-2008, 6:10 AM
Bo

Thanks for responding. I'm posting again to keep this thread hot in hopes of getting more involved.

John Keeton
04-17-2008, 7:13 PM
Just bumping this up to see if I can get more responses. Thanks for putting up with me!