PDA

View Full Version : Red roses on cherry

John Bowden
04-15-2008, 3:52 PM
On Sunday my wife was complaining that she never gets to do any of the "fun work" associated with our engraving business.
I had just finished cutting the last of the maple boards that I had, to make some plaques. So, I offered up my favorite piece cherry wood as a sacrifice to the god of "matrimonial bliss".
I have to admit, that I’m more of a hands on guy and not a very good teacher… as I tend to take over and just do… So, I did my best to show her what to do and then I got out of her way.
Well, she’s a very fast learner, and she did a great job with the table saw, router, router table and sander.

Last night she wanted to engrave one of the plaques she made… She had her mind set on engraving a photograph of some roses, she had taken a couple years ago.

So, I sat on my hands and I talked her through Photograv and Corel Draw.

That red color is natural.

At least I can say that I helped… a little.

Maybe if I buy her some more roses... she’ll let me use the laser again.

Lisa Walter
04-15-2008, 4:14 PM
VERY nice! I bet she is proud of herself!! Is she going to give it to her mother for Mother's Day?

Frank Corker
04-15-2008, 4:33 PM
Great job. Word of advice... next time a big job comes up, let her do all of it, sit back and get a beer out!

Cary Fleming
04-15-2008, 5:35 PM
Frank, has anyone ever told you that you have a wicked sense of humor?

Cary

Lisa Walter
04-15-2008, 5:55 PM
This actually worked on my husband for another instance.........he was afraid of cooking. I taught him how and complimented every dish he made even if it wasn't the greatest. Now he thinks he is the cat's meow of cooking. Sometimes it backfires though and he tries to tell ME what to do and I have to straighten him out!