PDA

View Full Version : What is this plane attachment?

Doug Hobkirk
04-15-2008, 8:51 AM
I'm curious - one of you might even want it.
Millers Falls No. 8818 Dyno-mite plane attachment (http://cgi.ebay.com/Millers-Falls-Dyno-Mite-Plane-1955-Attachment-Nice-No-R_W0QQitemZ160230303925QQihZ006QQcategoryZ4123QQss PageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem)

Cliff Rohrabacher
04-15-2008, 9:11 AM
I was thinking that it looked like you shove an electric hand drill in the hole with some Miller's falls cutter on it to make the hand drill into a plane but there seems to be no place for the cutter to contact the work when I look in the pix of the bore.

Remember when those multi tools were all the rage~? Every one bought 'em and none of them ever worked. It was like wishful thinking in a box.

Sam Yerardi
04-15-2008, 9:12 AM
Judging by the third picture (showing a guard) and the second picture (look like a bearing) I would assume that this plane had a motor or drive (cable?) attached to rotate the blade. The slant fence would have the same application as on a normal jointer.

Charlie Mastro
04-15-2008, 9:44 AM
That would be for planing the bevel on the edge of a door but it's useless without the router to go in it.:(

Jim Koepke
04-15-2008, 11:21 AM
Look at the other Millers Falls Dyno-Mite listings on eBay and it will be clear.

They sold a drill motor with all kinds of attachments.

Surely, there was one person who bought one of these and liked it.

jim