PDA

View Full Version : Darn those trick sellers

Ben Cadotte
04-14-2008, 8:45 PM
Thought there was a good deal on Amazon. But the sellers shipping was way up there. Not worth it.

John W. Willis
04-14-2008, 10:33 PM
There are definitely some good deals BUT it seems that the higher dollar items that I want that are at a great price loose their luster when you look at the inflated shipping. Amazon sellers seem to be the worst.

Shawn Honeychurch
04-15-2008, 12:37 PM
I don't know, shipping to Canada really bites.

Woodcraft, Rikon mini Lathe = $249.99.
Shipping to BC, Canada = $230.00 + Tax + Customs + Duty.

Not going to happen, so much for any thought of Rikon or Jet tools in my shop.

Shawn

Ben Cadotte
04-15-2008, 1:49 PM
There are definitely some good deals BUT it seems that the higher dollar items that I want that are at a great price loose their luster when you look at the inflated shipping. Amazon sellers seem to be the worst.

Alot of Ebay sellers are now on Amazon and some are using the low price on items, then catch you on the inflated price on shipping. I thought there was a good deal on Delta 1hp DC. But the seller has doubled the shipping amount (as compared to another sellers shipping rate).

glenn bradley
04-15-2008, 3:03 PM
I generally qualify for free shipping on Amazon. Are these individuals that are doing this?

Adam Cavaliere
04-15-2008, 3:12 PM
There is a difference between the two. The times you qualify for free shipping occur when the products are directly stocked by Amazon. The sellers that are being mentioned here are just using Amazon as a medium to sell their warez and inflated shipping costs.

BTW - I signed up for Prime and love it!

jason lambert
04-15-2008, 3:18 PM
Yea that is a old trick ebay'er do it all the time. You see the item buy it and relise it will cost you a ton in shipping.

What drives me nuts now ebay will calculate shipping and charge the buyer, then give you the pre paid lable but it is alot more than just bringing it to the PO or ups and shipping. So even ebay is ripping people off with shipping.

Greg Funk
04-15-2008, 4:26 PM
I don't know, shipping to Canada really bites.

Woodcraft, Rikon mini Lathe = $249.99.
Shipping to BC, Canada = $230.00 + Tax + Customs + Duty.

Not going to happen, so much for any thought of Rikon or Jet tools in my shop.

Shawn
If you live in the lower mainland you can have it shipped to a warehouse near the border and import it yourself.

Greg