PDA

View Full Version : Hail, Hail The Gang's All Here

Keith Burns
04-14-2008, 12:26 PM
Just returned from the third annual woodturning gathering at Travis' shop in Mississippi. Two and a half days of turning, food and fun. Did I mention fun? The first pic is group shot of the gang. Left to right: Joe, John, Mike, Dick, Shane, Mark, Ernie, Barry, Keith and Travis. The second pic shows the turnings that were done by everyone. We always have an exchange and the third pic is of the exchange pieces. A great time was had by all.

Steve Schlumpf
04-14-2008, 12:44 PM
WOW!!! Looks like quite the gathering! Judging by the turnings - everyone had to have had a blast! Great looking pieces! Any videos?

Glad you had fun - thanks for posting!

Bernie Weishapl
04-14-2008, 1:57 PM
Wow what a crew!!:eek: Looks like from the turnings everyone had a great time Keith.

curtis rosche
04-14-2008, 7:09 PM
whats with the whole in the little bowl in the middle?

Skip Spaulding
04-14-2008, 7:43 PM
Looks like a great time; any trees left standing in that county of Mississippi?!

Pete Jordan
04-14-2008, 7:51 PM
Looks like a great time was had by all! Say hi to the guys since they don't seem to post here much anymore.

Jim Becker
04-14-2008, 8:04 PM
Now, there's a scary looking bunch! LOL

Sounds like a fun event! 'Glad you all enjoyed it.

Dennis Peacock
04-14-2008, 8:29 PM
Great pics of a great event Keith.!!! Sure wish I could have made it.

Curt Fuller
04-14-2008, 9:49 PM
That first picture ought to be hanging in the post office!

I agree it's good to see some of the old time posters again. And for some of the newer folks around here, that group is, in my humble opinion, some of the most influential and talented turners around. That would be an awesome 2 1/2 days of learning and good times.

Barry Stratton
04-15-2008, 2:26 PM
Hey now....other than Keith, there weren't any scary folks there.

It was a kewel time:D

Don Eddard
04-15-2008, 5:49 PM
whats with the whole in the little bowl in the middle?
It's a whole bowl. What's your question? (And your teachers are ripping off the taxpayers, IMHO.)