PDA

View Full Version : Maple score from CL (gloat?)

Mark Engel
04-14-2008, 10:00 AM
Found an ad on CL for a stack of maple. The buyer and I went back forth trying to set up a time when we would both be available. Then he calls me up and tells me that his dad had sold the entire lot. Bummer. :(

Well, he called me back on Sunday to let me know that the other buyer never showed up. If I wanted it, it was mine. I loaded up the truck and took the 1 hour drive to see what he had. After looking at it I went ahead and bought it all, about 250 bf in total.

The seller gets this stuff from his BIL who works at a sawmill. He is going to pass my phone number on to his BIL and ask him to call me when he gets some more deals. :D

{edit} Thanks to Joseph Myers for the tip on resizing these images.

gary Zimmel
04-14-2008, 10:48 AM
Nice score Mark..

alex grams
04-14-2008, 10:49 AM
Very nice, what did you end up paying per BF? Those are some nice pieces too, they look like a 6/4 to 8/4. Very nice curl on the last pic.

You guys who always post here with your 'lumber score' pictures make me sad :( One day the wood gods will smile upon me!

JohnT Fitzgerald
04-14-2008, 10:53 AM
Nice! What are you planning on making?

Mark Engel
04-14-2008, 1:26 PM
Very nice, what did you end up paying per BF? Those are some nice pieces too, they look like a 6/4 to 8/4. Very nice curl on the last pic.

The price worked out to around $1.60/bf

All the boards are 2" to 2-3/4" thick, 6" to 10" wide and lengths from 85" to 124"

I am going to clean up that curly board tonight to see what it really looks like.

Mark Engel
04-14-2008, 1:31 PM
Nice! What are you planning on making?

I don't really have any specific plans for this lumber yet. It is probably more than I can use and/or store long term, so I may list a few pieces on EBAY just to see if I can get anything for them. If I can get a some cash back on the ones I sell, I can rebuild my tool/lumber savings. :)