PDA

View Full Version : how much do you charge for acrylic?

Craig Hogarth
04-14-2008, 3:22 AM
How do you guys price out single jobs on acrylic? Just a square with photo, logo or text?

Right now, I just do a standard 50 cents/sq inch. Still profitable, but not sure where I stand with the rest of the industry.

1/8th inch cast.

Mike Null
04-14-2008, 8:20 AM
I'd be closer to $1.00 per inch. Material cost would enter into it. 1/8" is a lot less expensive than 1.0".

Stephen Beckham
04-14-2008, 10:20 PM
Ooops.... Guess I'd better look at my chart again... Even with the cryo stuff, I'm figuring shipment plus 12X24 sheet at $.07 per inch cost. Even if you triple it and then charge laser minutes - I don't feel right charging that high...

I run mine at $.25 per square inch plus laser time. When I make a key chain (shaped per request) at about 2 square inches or 4 total inches - I charge right at $5 per each with hardware.

On the larger pieces - I go for a flat rate guess-ta-ment prior to etching. I did a 12X16 piece to be framed - totally covered with photo etching - being it was for a church, I charged them $50. The etching didn't take but seven or eight minutes so I didn't do too bad on it.