PDA

View Full Version : Bob's Plan Workbench / Router Table

Troy Cleckler
04-13-2008, 8:53 PM
I'm looking for router table plans and came across this free set of plans and was wondering if anyone has built this one and if so is there a material layout list? I already have the Incra Lite that I'll be using so I may have to do some kind of adjustment to the table top right of router plate to use it.

http://www.bobsplans.com/BobsPlans/GarageWorkbench/GarageWorkbenchPlans.php

Bob Noles
04-14-2008, 7:14 AM
Troy,

I have not seen this plan before and like it a lot. I have bookmarked it to study further down the road. Looks like a great combo space saving idea. If you build it, be sure to come back and share your thoughts and pictures.

Don Bullock
04-14-2008, 7:58 AM
Troy,

I have not seen this plan before and like it a lot. I have bookmarked it to study further down the road. Looks like a great combo space saving idea. If you build it, be sure to come back and share your thoughts and pictures.

What he said. Very interesting idea.

Joe Chritz
04-14-2008, 12:52 PM
No experiece with that one either but I have seen plans for similar that incorporations a downdraft sanding table. Someone here has an outfeed table like that I think.

Looking forward to your report.

Go be out guinea pig, uh, test pilot.

Joe

Troy Cleckler
04-14-2008, 1:22 PM
Printed it out this morning & went to local office supply & had it spiral bound with a cover. At least this way I'll be able to keep it in order. Good descriptive plans with drawings but it is 50 pages total. FREE plans:D EXPENSIVE ink.:(

Still a little bit unsure about the amount of material though, never been good about laying it out by the amount of sheet goods or boards needed, especially one this size. Is there a way it can be done or are there any software for this purpose?

Scott Loven
04-14-2008, 1:50 PM
You could set it up in an excel spread sheet. BF=qty*L*W*H/144. Add them all up, add some extra for waste.

Scott

Joe Chritz
04-14-2008, 5:31 PM
Spend the $25 bucks or so on cutlist. One version will allow 25 seperate pieces and with some creative use and multiple files you can do very large projects.

One half of one sheet saved and it pays for itself.

Joe