PDA

View Full Version : Jet 16/32 sander belt changing

jerry needham
04-13-2008, 7:04 PM
I have the new polybelt and do I still use the ceramic guides. I have tried to find some instruction on the install and everything is based on the sandpaper conveyor belt which is much thinner and works OK>

Rod Upfold
04-13-2008, 7:11 PM
I have the new polybelt and do I still use the ceramic guides. I have tried to find some instruction on the install and everything is based on the sandpaper conveyor belt which is much thinner and works OK>

I have a 22/44 drum sander and don't understand your question.

Ceramic guides and Sandpaper conveyor Belt??? - HUH?

Doug Shepard
04-13-2008, 9:15 PM
Dont know answer but please post an update once you get it on and let us know how it compares. I've got that upgrade on my Maybe list.

Peter Quinn
04-13-2008, 10:15 PM
Ditto Rod....HUH? I don't think mine has ceramic anything though it does have a sandpaper conveyor belt. What is your question exactly?

Robyn Horton
04-13-2008, 10:32 PM
When I installed the Poly belt on my 16-32 the Jet tech told me to leave them off they are only for the sandpaper conveyor. The hardest part is getting the belt to run straight. You may have to flip the belt end for end if it runs off to one side.

Stephen Edwards
04-13-2008, 11:08 PM
Where are some good sources to buy the sandpaper type conveyor belt for the jet/performax 16-32. I want to have a spare on hand. Thanks.

jerry needham
04-14-2008, 10:57 AM
When I installed the Poly belt on my 16-32 the Jet tech told me to leave them off they are only for the sandpaper conveyor. The hardest part is getting the belt to run straight. You may have to flip the belt end for end if it runs off to one side.
Robyn
Thanks for the reply. I thought I was right that there was no way the guides would work but I was also worried about the belt running off and tearing and $200.00 is a lot to pay for the belt to have it run off and tear.
Thanks again and I will now try to get it adjusted to run straight. I the belt looks like it will be great once I get it adjusted.
thanks
Jerry